sunnyrentals

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Mariaisabel - I gather that you are in Spain. I am not interested in Sunny rentals because they have pestered me on the phone once too often...... However, can you tell me please how you advertise on blocket.se with a property that is outside of Sweden? Despite putting the site into English I can find no way of inputting a property based in another country. They all seem to be in Sweden. Thank you!
mariaisabel

Post by mariaisabel »

Try to search "Marbella" on the blocket.se

You will find alot property for rent or for sell on that website.
The crisis hasnt hit that hard in Sweden so they still travel alot.

Do like this:

1. "Lägg in annons" ( Insert advertising).
2. Kategori" (Category)
3.Choose "Bostad - Utland" (Property - abroad)

and from there is straight forward.

Good luck and happy sunday.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Many thanks mariaisabel.
mariaisabel

Post by mariaisabel »

You are welcome.
pambon

Post by pambon »

I was wondering the same thing!! Thanks.
steverockers

Post by steverockers »

Sunny Rentals are an absolute pain - once they have your number they never stop pestering you. I wish I knew of a way to switch him off !!
If you want to know what they are like and what they get up to, just Google Sunny Rentals. The various sites that come up tell a sorry tale. Having read it all I wouldn't advertise with them even if they paid me ! Just a horrible outfit.
Essar

Post by Essar »

Unfortunately, United Kingdom, Great Britain, England, etc (and the Swedish equivalent) is absent from the countries they include in the listing.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Steve it is under UK.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Essar

Post by Essar »

I must be looking in the wrong place, I can't see it!

Steve
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Nor I! (we are talking about blocket.se here still, not sunny rentals - sorry, thread creep, but mariaisabel was singing the praises of both)

I think you have to input the Uk under 'other countries' and from my point of view, there is only a tiny chance I would be found there, knowing that it is unlikely they would search for our village or even 'Cotswolds'.

On a brief look, I have only found London properties in there sifting through listings for Cyprus, the Gambia! Russia, Brazil etc under ovriger lander. Good for London perhaps as that will be a search term used but no good for 'unknowns' like me.
mariaisabel

Post by mariaisabel »

blocket goes by search term so if you have "UK" in the profile text you will pop up.

Site seems a bit old fashion but are by fare the biggest and best for sell or rent out things to swedish customers. Own by one of the biggest and oldest media houses and it works.
I think the add are up for 3 month and then I sometimes buy a highligt in the search with pictures (pops up in the side on the search). Cost sek 230 I think total (approx 25 euros).
mariaisabel

Post by mariaisabel »

and again. Where should I else advertise for my property. HomeAway seems a bit expensive (but ofcourse ok if it works).

Look forward to more input.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I think it depends a lot on where your property is mariaisabel and of course the market you are aiming at so it is a very difficult question to answer and perhaps why nobody has. There are multiple threads in the Rental Listing Site section addressing just this problem.

Some of us have success with HL, some find it useless. Some with OD, H-R,HA etc. Others get few or no enquiries.

It's 'horses for courses' and the only way to find out is to do it, preferably on a trial offer.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

FelicityA wrote:There are multiple threads in the Rental Listing Site section addressing just this problem.
This one in particular should help Mariaisabel:

viewtopic.php?t=257
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
janskov

Post by janskov »

I live in Denmark and have never heard about them.
They have a suspiciously high number of properties from Croatia and five from my small village - all in a bad quality and not accurate. I know the hotel and they have definitely not entered them, so they are properly copied off some other site.

Their Danish contact telephone is not listed in any directory. Why would a company want to hide themselves?