Discussion about posting your Facebook pages

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
964kevin

Post by 964kevin »

Nightowl wrote:I'm Cindy Powell..

I started doing likes as Hillyfields and have had to go back and do them as me.... I think I've done them all now but if I've missed anyone send me a PM and a link and I'll like!

Thanks to all those who have sent me a like. x
I went through the website for a "Like" all three sites liked this morning.

Kevin
http://www.encantada-vacation.com

Our little piece of Florida, never get tired of being there. Love it and the people to bits.
limousin-cottage

Post by limousin-cottage »

Harborfields wrote:
limousin-cottage wrote: I am wondering what the implications are of using Facebook as your holiday home page, tied in with your personal page?? Wouldn't you then lose control over who is viewing your personal Facebook page? I'm confused.
From Facbook's "Help"

http://www.facebook.com/help/pages/admin-privacy
Will people be able to see that I’m a Page admin and contact me?
The people who like your Page may be able to see your profile (timeline) if you're featured in the Page Owners section of your Page. They won't be able to contact you unless your privacy settings allow it. Further, if you opt to make posts as yourself on your Page, your name and profile (timeline) will appear along with those posts.

If your Page has messages turned on, people will be able to send private messages to it. Responses you or other Page admins send will be from the Page, not your personal account.
From the Admin Panel on your page, use the pull-down menu "Manage" and choose "Settings", then select the "Featured" tab from the list on the left side -- this is where you can allow page visitors to see who the admins are (or not). (Note that the "Manage Permissions" tab also gives a lot of control over who can do what on the page. And the "Your Settings" tab allows you to be able to post to your page as you, and not just as your page, if that makes sense....)

I don't know if this really answers your question about using Facebook as your page, but there is no link to your personal profile unless you allow it by making yourself a featured page admin. Even then, if you are posting on other pages as your page (rather than as yourself) then people would have to visit your page first to track back to you personally.
:oops: I think I am even more confused now. :cry:
Harborfields

Post by Harborfields »

limousin-cottage wrote::oops: I think I am even more confused now. :cry:
Maybe I didn't understand your original question?
limousin-cottage wrote: I am wondering what the implications are of using Facebook as your holiday home page, tied in with your personal page?? Wouldn't you then lose control over who is viewing your personal Facebook page? I'm confused.
Forgive me if what I'm about to say, you already know. I'm just try to clarify (for myself) what it is that you might be confused about, if I understand your concern above.

We all have our own personal accounts on Facebook -- almost everyone who uses Facebook, whether for business or personal uses, has one.

Once we have a personal account, we can create business pages. When we do that, we become the "administrator" of that page. As an administrator, we can (if we wish) make other people who liked our page into administrators as well. For example, both my wife and I are administrators of the Harborfields facebook page.

Facebook gives page administrators the power to "use Facebook as [their business page]," in other words take on the identity of their business. When you do this, you get a newsfeed from the other pages that your business page has "liked" rather than a newsfeed from your own personal friends and pages that you have liked from your personal account. You also can comment on other pages with the identity of your business page, rather than your personal identity.

So if I had liked the Limousin-Cottage page from the Harborfields page, it would be Harborfields that liked the page and not me, and if I was "using Facebook as Harborfields" I could comment on a post on the Limousin-Cottage page as Harborfields, rather than as my personal identity.

So how would you be able to connect my post as Harborfields back to my personal facebook account? You wouldn't.

Unless:

(1) I told you my personal identity,
(2) you were paying attention or did some research and was able to figure out independently who I was (e.g. I am identified on the "about us" page on the Harborfields website) and then were able to find my personal page on facebook

or

(3) I had set up the Harborfields facebook page to reveal who the page administrators were ("featured page admins"), which would make the connection between the Harborfields facebook page and my personal facebook account.

So if I understand the question you are asking, would you loose control over who is viewing your personal facebook page if you were to post "using facebook as [your business page]," the answer (as I understand it) is no. Other users of facebook who see posts made while "using facebook as [your business page]" would not be able to connect your business identity to your personal identity -- unless you have laid it open for them to do so. You can still control who can view your personal facebook account (or how much of it they can see) with the privacy settings that you have for your personal account.

But am I understanding your question?
limousin-cottage

''But am I understanding your question?''

Yes - exactly! I was worried that if I use Facebook as my holiday let page, then potential customers would be able to read what my kids and friends of kids (!!) are saying to each other. Frightening! :lol:

You have allayed my fears somewhat - thanks very much for your patience. I think what I will do is give it a try (using Facebook as my business page) and see how it works. I presume I can always go back to using it as my personal page again if I have any concerns.
Harborfields

Post by Harborfields »

Your facebook business page doesn't have "friends" in the same way that your personal account does, so when you are "using facebook as [your business page]," even you will not be able to see what your kids and friends of kids are saying to each other (depending on the privacy settings on their accounts).

So you will have to switch back and forth between "using facebook as [your business page]" and using facebook as yourself, in order to both keep tabs on your family and friends, and promote your business.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Finally reached page 6 of liking...

Here are mine:
http://www.facebook.com/SamoensAlpineHoliday

and
http://www.facebook.com/AdorVillaSpain
Last edited by kevsboredagain on Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
limousin-cottage

Harborfields wrote:Your facebook business page doesn't have "friends" in the same way that your personal account does, so when you are "using facebook as [your business page]," even you will not be able to see what your kids and friends of kids are saying to each other (depending on the privacy settings on their accounts).

So you will have to switch back and forth between "using facebook as [your business page]" and using facebook as yourself, in order to both keep tabs on your family and friends, and promote your business.
Ah, I see! :oops: I am just wondering now whether the whole Facebook thing is a good idea (for promoting business, I mean) Would any of you own up and say what sort of response you have had to your Facebook page? I had one booking! :o
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I am not expecting to ever receive any direct bookings via Facebook but I do believe the precence on Facebook creates a more approachable and believable owner. Many people are worried if the property even exists when they look at a website or advert. On a Facebook page I am more likely to post pictures of myself and family at the property and this can only give some additional assurance to a potential guest that the place I am offering is real.
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

[/quote]Ah, I see! :oops: I am just wondering now whether the whole Facebook thing is a good idea (for promoting business, I mean) Would any of you own up and say what sort of response you have had to your Facebook page? I had one booking! :o[/quote]

I have had 2 bookings because of my Facebook page :)

Sandra
petitbois

Post by petitbois »

since going 'live' with our facebook page in March I have had 9 repeat bookings from previous guests (including one who came from Australia & another from the Czech Republic)who liked the page. I did contact all our regular guests (those who had stayed at least twice..)when we launched it, & maybe they were thinking of coming back anyway, but I have had no new gite requests from any of our listings in the same period, so these repeat bookings have been most welcome... As already stated on another thread there is a distinct lack of interest from the UK at present (no hits on our website from any of the usual OD, CN, HFD for weeks) so anything which brings in enquiries has to be worth trying. Good level on enquiries for the B&B from other countries & have sent them all a facebook link at time of initial contact - think it might have helped 'seal the deal' for some as they have 'liked' the page & then booked.
Fifi

Post by Fifi »

Here's mine - a bit sparse at the moment, but I will glam it up later! And I will get in to "liking" mode at wine o'clock - I have things to plant this afternoon!

https://www.facebook.com/GerbepalGites

Thank you!
People who arrive after 10pm, shouldn't expect a hug.....
Nemo

Re: Post your Facebook pages

Post by Nemo »

Could I please just remind people of Paolo's request in the opening post?
paolo wrote:This is only intended as a place to post a link, there are other threads for discussion of all things Facebook.
Sorry, it's just that the thread is being seriously derailed and the idea was to not have reams of pages to wade through in order to find the links. :( So please start a new thread or post on another discussion re all things facebook please.
limousin-cottage

Sorry :oops: It's just that some of us have had problems getting the Facebook links to work. Oooo.........mine works now! :lol: Won't say another word!
Fifi

Post by Fifi »

I've done page one of this thread - will like some more later on!
People who arrive after 10pm, shouldn't expect a hug.....
ViksB

Post by ViksB »

I too have been busy liking, although still very sceptic about this whole facebook thing.

Here is our page
www.facebook.com/OfficersMessHolidays

Thanks for any likes.

Off to "like" a few more now.

EDIT - opps must go back and "like" from my personal site - sorry.
Last edited by ViksB on Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.