Discussion about posting your Facebook pages

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

greenfrog wrote: Hi,
Sorry to be thick but I can't work out how to do this. I have my page name there - Romantic Montmartre - but the url is still the long one. The FB site wasn't a lot of help - it looked like I did exactly as asked. And I have more than 30 likes.
Would someone mind walking me through how to change the url?
Thanks!
It's a while since I've done it but if you go to the link below, that should get you there. I copied and pasted this from another thread that I previously started here: viewtopic.php?t=16494

You can select a username at: www.facebook.com/username

You may choose a username that Facebook suggests, or create your own. Select "Check availability" to check for available usernames. If the desired username is available, click "Confirm" in order to confirm your choice.

This has to be done via your personal profile, so you can claim a name for your business page and your personal name at the same time if you wish. I just had to give my mobile no, but did not accept either of the options to put my tel no. on my personal profile or get text notifications.
Last edited by Nemo on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Great, Nemo! I sorted it out.
Thanks!

(the username link no longer works but it's easy to find under edit page. I was just a bit confused about the difference between page name and username. :oops: )
Lounging on the lily pad...
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Ok good! I edited out the dot after the link but it still doesn't appear to work, which is strange as it is the live link that I just took from facebook this morning.

Ah well, so long as you get there, the route doesn't matter!
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

I think I'm now up to date on the list - liked a few more this morning (I'll be the anonymous grey figure as I don't really use my personal FB page much).

One point - I've had a few likes on our Green Barn Cottages page from Business pages; AIUI these don't add anything to the Likes score, and likes need to come from Personal pages - have I got that right? Or have I been doing it all wrong?

I need another 3 to get to the magic 30 whereupon I get "access to insights about your activity" whatever that means.
the chefs

Post by the chefs »

Hi Paolo,

Fantasic site and thanks for making all the info available. I have tried to like as many other members as possible.

http://www.facebook.com/LesPetitsCoins?sk=wall

Michael
You will never fail till you have stopped trying.
jordan2

facebook page

Post by jordan2 »

I just liked http://www.facebook.com/brittanygite heres my link to
TrailFrance Holiday Let.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TrailFran ... 2048633592
Thanks
Laura
life's a beach
Montana

Post by Montana »

I've 'liked' all those on the 'Sticky' list as at this afternoon - if you could reciprocate when you have a mo, that would be lovely :D

Thanks (The 3 Valleys)
Acid corrodes the vessel.........
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Is it me, or are a lot of people posting their links not reciprocating? I've liked all the most recent post pages, but only three have liked my site in return since posting their links (thankyou Laura, Linda & John).
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

No, it's not you LV :(
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

They may be like me......I only do a catch up every now and again, so never say never!

I also have been doing a like from my business page first and then do my personal likes another time. It's all so time consuming......and I'm not updating my own page nearly as often as I should. :(

I think I have done you both......as far as I am aware....? :oops:
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Nemo wrote:They may be like me......I only do a catch up every now and again, so never say never!
It would be nice if this were the case, but I don't believe that all the people who have posted on this thread will ever bother coming back to it to like all the pages. Especially those who rarely, if ever, post on this forum.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

That may be true......I certainly want to support those that post here regularly though, so I will do a catch up in due course. You can always unlike those pages that do not reciprocate, if you felt inclined. :wink: :lol:
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Nemo wrote:
I also have been doing a like from my business page first and then do my personal likes another time.
Nemo, can you explain that one to me? As far as I can work out, a Like from a business page doesn't serve any purpose, and doesn't bump the Likes counter, whereas a Like from a personal page does.

What haven't I grasped?
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

As far as I see it, a Like from a business page is useful, because it's recriprocal advertising.

Once you've got whatever number of likes they now use to calculate giving you a shorter, dedicated page address, does it really matter how many likes you have?

And while a Like showing up on a personal page will potentially reach more people, if it's on your business page, it's hitting a more useful audience of potential travellers.
Lounging on the lily pad...
964kevin

Post by 964kevin »

Greenbarn wrote:
Nemo wrote:
I also have been doing a like from my business page first and then do my personal likes another time.
Nemo, can you explain that one to me? As far as I can work out, a Like from a business page doesn't serve any purpose, and doesn't bump the Likes counter, whereas a Like from a personal page does.

What haven't I grasped?
It does, mine only has a like capability on the business page on my website linked back to FB......my personal pages are not for the business aspect...

Does that make sense, I'm not sure and I wrote it....

Kevin
http://www.encantada-vacation.com

Our little piece of Florida, never get tired of being there. Love it and the people to bits.