Age discrimination

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
Windy

Age discrimination

Post by Windy »

From Easco
The Government has published its response to the consultations on exceptions to the ban on age discrimination in the provision of services including holiday accommodation. They have again rejected the industry's request for self-catering accommodation to be exempt from the ban on age discrimination and propose to introduce this law on 1st October. A link to the document will be posted here when available.
Morons - caravan tax and now this. Why do we elect these people?
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

When this bill is debated in the House of Commons, here is what we should do:

Get a party of 20 six year olds, tire them out until they are well and truly grumpy, then take the into the public gallery for the debate and let them loose !

Then let's see what those ijjits that we elected feel about age discrimination. :lol:
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I just think we should send you and John[Windy] there!!

that should teach 'em :wink: :D
Windy

Post by Windy »

LOL

Oi Ros - Are you suggesting that Richard and I are worse behaved than 20 six year olds?

Whilst it is a cunning plan Richard, there is a serious flaw.

You are assuming that the behaviour of 20 tired six year olds would be distinguishable from what is witnessed there on a day to day basis.

You see the problem...?
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Windy wrote:LOL

Oi Ros - Are you suggesting that Richard and I are worse behaved than 20 six year olds?

You see the problem...?
Well guessing your ages, added together, come to about 120.:shock: I dont see a problem :D
Windy

Post by Windy »

Is Richard really 80? He does look well doesn't he :lol:
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Ooooh - can I come as well? Please! Pleeeeease!!! I promise I won't be sick in the car.

The bit I love about the whole thing is that "all the evidence that groups of young people are more troublesome as holidaymakers is anecdotal; this viewpoint is not in line with any official data".
Spot on, can't argue with that one.
There aren't any official data.

If something ain't broke, keep trying to fix it until it is.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Windy wrote:Is Richard really 80? He does look well doesn't he :lol:
:lol: :lol:
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Greenbarn wrote:If something ain't broke, keep trying to fix it until it is.
Cos if you don't, you'd need 2,000 fewer civil servants !
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Windy

Post by Windy »

all the evidence that groups of young people are more troublesome as holidaymakers is anecdotal
Ah yes - it's just people describing what happens to them rather than adding it to official statistical tables so it can't be true can it? :roll:
kg1

Re: Age discrimination

Post by kg1 »

Windy wrote:From Easco
The Government has published its response to the consultations on exceptions to the ban on age discrimination in the provision of services including holiday accommodation. They have again rejected the industry's request for self-catering accommodation to be exempt from the ban on age discrimination and propose to introduce this law on 1st October. A link to the document will be posted here when available.
Morons - caravan tax and now this. Why do we elect these people?
How dare they tell me who can stay in my house who can't!!!! Am contacting my MP today & suggest others do they same. I WILL NOT accept having hen/stag parties in my house, I'd rather take it off the market.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

It's easy enough to point out to people you don't want to stay that the property just isn't suitable for the type of holiday they're looking for.

I don't discriminate (and have even had teenagers stay) but I do make sure they know there's no partying, no noise and that I take a damage deposit that will be used if there's damage.

If they decide not to stay...then no problem, if they do, they know how they're expected to behave.

Mousie
x
p.s. I'm sure you'd be able to state on your information that the property is unsuitable for hen or stag parties. Though I have to say I've had many hen parties and they've all been lovely.
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Yes I do have that in my T&Cs but have had the occaisional group trying to disguise their ages, one group had the mother doing the booking & we only discovered later that she wasn't actually coming herself although had given the impression that she was. Anyway have done email to my MP so shall await his response.
Nemo

Re: Age discrimination

Post by Nemo »

Windy wrote: Morons - caravan tax and now this. Why do we elect these people?
Not sure we did Windy did we? This cr****y coalition wasn't actually chosen by any of us was it?
Windy wrote: Oi Ros - Are you suggesting that Richard and I are worse behaved than 20 six year olds?

Whilst it is a cunning plan Richard, there is a serious flaw.

You are assuming that the behaviour of 20 tired six year olds would be distinguishable from what is witnessed there on a day to day basis.

You see the problem...?
So true, so true.... :lol:
Mouse wrote:I don't discriminate (and have even had teenagers stay) but I do make sure they know there's no partying, no noise and that I take a damage deposit that will be used if there's damage.
How do you ascertain "who" your guests are Mousie? Do you ask for DOB or something? At the mo I ask for ages if under 21, which I assume may be looked upon as discrimination if the law changes. Will we be able to get round that by asking for DOB for everyone in the future I wonder?

I'm sure you may well be right about lovely hen parties (not that my place is big enough) but I sure wouldn't want a group of young blokes staying. Living with my son is enough to put me off them........ :lol:
Windy

Post by Windy »

Living with my son is enough to put me off them........ Laughing
LOL - know what you mean - I'm not sure which is worse - the smell of the feet or the smell of the Lynx anti-perspirant .