Hotel in Seville WITH PARKING anyone?

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
tavi

Hotel in Seville WITH PARKING anyone?

Post by tavi »

Can anyone suggest anything? Could be 4 star....

Thanks in advance.

Tavi.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Tavi, are you sure you want to drive in Seville? It's a nightmare, like a rabbit warren of narrow, one-way streets.

You might be better doing the park and ride, then it won't matter about a parking space. And you won't need the car to get around Seville.

TC
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Las Casas de la Judería

A really good and unusual hotel right in the centre.
As you probably know parking is a nightmare. This hotel has the narrowest of alleyway entrances and they will insist on the doorman parking your car for you :wink:

Check out some of their TripAdvisor comments.

I can certainly recommend it.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
tavi

Post by tavi »

Thanks you two.

Will explain, friends flying into Seville, staying one night. Want hire car delivered next morning to hotel. We drive there from here and meet them, and then go on elsewhere together.

So, probably best just outside Seville...shouldn't have said IN Seville - last place on earth you'd want to meet someone by car isn't it? :lol:

Yes Casas de la Juderia is fab I know (not stayed there :cry:)
CSE

Post by CSE »

On Booking there are around 160 hotels with parking. Plus if you want to pick your car up from the airport there are 16 hotels with its own shuttle service.
It seems you have an excellent choice of accommodation. :)
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
tavi

Post by tavi »

Thanks Ian and Irene,

I guess you mean booking.com - am looking at them now.

I know we need to choose carefully, our friends don't know the city at all!
brendan

Post by brendan »

I´ve used the Tryp Macarena several times. Underground parking available for a price. Pretty good location - you can walk/bus it everywhere.

The ´old town´ hotels are a bit of a nightmare to get to and can be VERY noisy.

Avoid the hotels on the other side of the river on the site of the old EXPO - they offer good deal but you are too far from town centre.
tavi

Post by tavi »

Thanks Brendan.

Looks like we're going for the Silken Al Andalus Palacio, not far from the airport.
Mustbemad

Post by Mustbemad »

Gran Hotel Lar, is less than 10 mins walk from Santa Justa Railway Stn. There is parking but they charge.

Stayed out of season paid 30 euro for one night for two of us. It claims to be 4 star and might have been once, bit shabby but generally the room and bathroom were spotlessly clean and we just needed a place to sleep till we could get a train to our destination in the morning. Our flight gets in too late to travel onwards. We took the airport shuttle bus which is cheap - to the rail station and walked from there.

Had tapas in great bar round the corner and a wonderful breakfast at an Italian place - the guy made all his bread, pastries, cakes, ice cream and served Italian coffee.
tavi

Post by tavi »

cripes floriana, 30 euros is cheap!

thanks for the suggestion anyway.
camel

subject

Post by camel »

Perhaps a bit late. You should try the Parador de Carmona. In terms of kilometer it may soud far but only a few kilometers from the Airport.

Have a lovely time it is my favourite city in Spain. You will probebly find it deviod of the locals as they are at the nearby beaches.