Outlook (and other progs) quitting

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Cat7139

Outlook (and other progs) quitting

Post by Cat7139 »

Hello Everyone,
Thanks to all who helped with the Wanadoo connection conundrum.
We have now started to experience something we've not seen before - admittedly not web related, but annoying just the samw when e-marketing is a staple part of one's daily chores . . .
We are finding Outlook (not OE) is closing on us in a totally unannounced fashion, particularly when going for an attachment to send (pic, text file). Fortunately, it being Word based, it saves before all is lost, but sometimes even the text only e-mail will not re-open directly afterwards.
I even had another programme just 'quit' on me with no notice at all, whilst trying to perform a routine operation.
I have defragged the hard disk, checked for viruses, cleared the Outlook folders as far as possible, made sure Windows is managing its memory as it wants etc. etc..
The only other thing we have done recently is to download Windows 'Defender' (even though we have Norton Internet Security) and Adaware - but I have just removed this, thinking as it was the last download, maybe it was the cause of the problem. I was going to download Spybot, but I think I'll give it a miss for the mo'.!!

Does anyone know of the cause and remedy to this problem please? We're usig Windows XP and Outlook is Office XP for teachers and students.

Thanks a mill for any forthcoming. Regards to all.
C.
Calvados

Computer problems

Post by Calvados »

Log on to www.techguy.org and register.

Find the right section and post your question.

Someone will pick up on your message and guide you on what to do.

This site is wonderful for all problems related to IT

Regards

Calvados.
Cat7139

Post by Cat7139 »

Dear Calvados,
Thanks for that assistance - haven't use that site at all so I'm sure that it will be very helpful - as ususal, didn't know where to turn!
C.