newbie here 1st question

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
casarural

newbie here 1st question

Post by casarural »

Hello everyone

We are travelling to Spain next year to seek out a location to move to. We will be retiring early from the public sector and have decided to relocate to Spain. Financially we feel comfortable with the decision, whilst we do not want to look for Jobs we would like to open either a casa rural or attached rental accommodation as we feel we need something to focus on. We are looking at the Granada Cordoba area exact location not decided.

my first few questions are

Do you need a license to run 1/2 B&B room or a 1/2 room attached accommodation.

Do you need to register as automono or not.

Are there any other rules and regulations i should be thinking about

Thanks
hoping to reign in spain
djfwells

Post by djfwells »

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes

The best money you could spend in a situation like this is to employ the services of a professional qualified, experienced and reputable Gestor / Asesor / Abogado working locally. Sure, it may cost you a couple of grand, but I guarantee that it will save you a lot of time, money and heartache in the long-run.

Don't try and cut corners and don't assume that the same business procedures and logic applies here in Spain as it does in the UK.

http://www.tumbit.com/how-to-guides/business-spain.html
casarural

Post by casarural »

djfwells wrote:1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes

The best money you could spend in a situation like this is to employ the services of a professional qualified, experienced and reputable Gestor / Asesor / Abogado working locally. Sure, it may cost you a couple of grand, but I guarantee that it will save you a lot of time, money and heartache in the long-run.

Don't try and cut corners and don't assume that the same business procedures and logic applies here in Spain as it does in the UK.

http://www.tumbit.com/how-to-guides/business-spain.html
many thanks appreciate your reply
hoping to reign in spain
CSE

Post by CSE »

You should note that each Antonymous region in Spain has it's own rules regarding Casa Rural. There are moves to try and get one set of rules covering the whole country. But no region wants to give up it's own regulations.
In here is a link to the ones in Andalucia.
http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/turismoc ... as=turismo
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
CSE

Post by CSE »

PS; I hope you have patience, as all paperwork takes a long time to be processed.
And here is a link to the local Casa Rural association, maybe they can give you some tips too.
http://www.raar.es/
casarural

Post by casarural »

casasantoestevo wrote:PS; I hope you have patience, as all paperwork takes a long time to be processed.
And here is a link to the local Casa Rural association, maybe they can give you some tips too.
http://www.raar.es/

Many thanks steve.

TBH we are looking at a holiday letting attached to where we want to live.. i am not sure if that has the same regs etc. but i appreciate the links. Maybe I will start YOGA before we arrive! It seems that anything regarding paperwork in spain is a v long process :roll:
hoping to reign in spain
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

casarural wrote: Maybe I will start YOGA before we arrive! It seems that anything regarding paperwork in spain is a v long process :roll:
Good luck with the Yoga, I'm sure it helps....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKIE3IUkkp8
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
CSE

Post by CSE »

casarural wrote: Many thanks steve.

TBH we are looking at a holiday letting attached to where we want to live.. i am not sure if that has the same regs etc. but i appreciate the links. Maybe I will start YOGA before we arrive! It seems that anything regarding paperwork in spain is a v long process :roll:
I gave those links in case you wanted to start a B&B or a Casa Rural. The later can be either like a B&B or whole let. It you do food, even breakfast, you should have "manipulador de alimentos". You can get the equivalent in the UK and have that translated here in Spain if your Spanish is not up to it.

Of course you will find illegally, sorry unregistered properties around. However I personally could not run such a business with all that looking over your shoulder waiting for a knock on the door from the authorities. But each to their own I suppose.
Good luck with your plans.
casarural

Post by casarural »

casasantoestevo wrote:
casarural wrote: Many thanks steve.

I gave those links in case you wanted to start a B&B or a Casa Rural. The later can be either like a B&B or whole let. It you do food, even breakfast, you should have "manipulador de alimentos". You can get the equivalent in the UK and have that translated here in Spain if your Spanish is not up to it.

Of course you will find illegally, sorry unregistered properties around. However I personally could not run such a business with all that looking over your shoulder waiting for a knock on the door from the authorities. But each to their own I suppose.
Good luck with your plans.
that is very helpful many thanks. Yes I agree there is no way we could go over and relax if we thought for one moment we were not doing everything correct and legal. we are going out in February 2013 to start researching various areas and want to be as fully informed as we can be. We are lucky the rental income is not vital but any income will be appreciated. I have found out about the tax etc. I have been advised by various people that lettings are not under automono which is annoying as that would have given us health cover after the first 2 years untill state pension kicks in...
My spanish is not too bad, my French, ironically is better LOL however I am now studying spanish so at least I will have a fair start when we get their end of 2013.
hoping to reign in spain
camel

subject

Post by camel »

With the best intentions you will be lucky to comply all & sundry are ready to

a) Fill in a tax return for each guest.
b) Their NI numbers.
c) All expenses pertaining to their tenancy period e.g five days
d) Gas/Electricity consumed during the period. I wish you luck if you can get a meter reading from the comany for the five days.

Now perhaps you understand why Spaniards do not take/ accepting all kinds of rules & regulations.
casarural

Re: subject

Post by casarural »

camel wrote:With the best intentions you will be lucky to comply all & sundry are ready to

a) Fill in a tax return for each guest.
b) Their NI numbers.
c) All expenses pertaining to their tenancy period e.g five days
d) Gas/Electricity consumed during the period. I wish you luck if you can get a meter reading from the comany for the five days.

Now perhaps you understand why Spaniards do not take/ accepting all kinds of rules & regulations.
Having spent time researching yes the paperwork looks to be a minefield. Oh well..when in rome :roll:
hoping to reign in spain