Ryanair Cuts Madrid By 35% & Barcelona By 23%

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Windy

Ryanair Cuts Madrid By 35% & Barcelona By 23%

Post by Windy »

http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair- ... h-airports
Ryanair Cuts Madrid By 35% & Barcelona By 23% In Response To AENA's Unjustified Price Increases At Spanish Airports
SPANISH TRAFFIC CUT BY 12% – 4.5M PAX & 4,500 SPANISH JOBS LOST

Ryanair, Europe’s only ultra-low cost airline, today (28 Nov) confirmed deep cuts to its flights at Madrid and Barcelona and across its Spanish operations in 2013 in response to the Spanish Govt doubling of airport taxes at both Madrid and Barcelona El Prat airports on 1 July 2012.
I think this is a bit rude and ungrateful given that the Spanish Government seem to have even named an airport after O'Leary at Barcelona :wink:
Shinnie

Post by Shinnie »

And what an El .... he is :lol: :lol: :lol:
CSE

Post by CSE »

Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
carolb

Post by carolb »

I have a ryanair cash passport which effectively expires tomorrow. I like many used it to avoid the £6 per person per flight cost. My understanding is that debit cards should be free to use as there is effectively no charge to the company and that is what the OFT were trying to do. Other airlines have already removed their debit card charges. So now the pratt calls them 'website administration costs'. Why on earth should we customers be paying for the upkeep of his website????? Plus we have to pay a compulsory online checkin fee (we can't do it any other way!) and if I remember rightly there were a couple of other fees added in too when I booked some flights earlier this week. Sorry, this has turned into a bit of a rant!