Calendars

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
annedab

Calendars

Post by annedab »

Hoping someone can help me with this! I am building a website for our new enterprise using promotemyplace and it is all pretty straightforward apart from the calendar! Because we have a range of different accommodation types - 2 gites, camping, caravan and B&B, I want to display one calendar with the dates across the top (colour coded for rate bands) and then five rows below showing availability for each of the different accommodation types. I have managed to create this exactly as I want it in an excel spreadsheet, but pmp (who I have to say have been extremely helpful) advise me that not everyone would be able to open this (if they don't have excel). I have found a similar free one on rental calendars direct, but it doesn't look too pretty with the obligatory ads and I can't colour code the dates to reflect the price band. Does anyone use anything similar, or can anyone offer a simple solution? We are temporarily based in Normandy prior to the big move and unfortunately we don't have an internet connection at home, which is making everything very long winded indeed as things have to be done in concentrated bursts at the library! All advice much appreciated. TIA
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I am just thinking Anne, that although that is obviously the best way for you to display the calendar for yourself (all on one chart), is it the best way for the enquirers to view it? Maybe two gites together but are the 'gite people' not going to confused by the entries for camping and the camping people for B and B and so on....? I find the agency listings done in this way muddling as there are just too many lines to read easily on a computer. There is going to be a lot of information on one calendar.

Dateblocker lets you have several (I don't know how many) displayed separately and you can colour code for availability, pending etc. I suppose you could colour code for price bands instead so it would just be red for booked (then no price displayed) and everything else would display the colour bands for price? There is no advertising spoiling the view with them.
annedab

Post by annedab »

Thanks Felicity - I'll have a look at that. I know what you mean about having individual ones and I may well have to go down that route anyway. I actually wasn't thinking that the multi-display is easier for me, but I take your point - the current owners have individual calendars for each gite, but none for the camping or B&B. I have used all my allotted library time today, so that can go to the top of tomorrows list!
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?