FB likes

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
annedab

Post by annedab »

I've added a like - I'm the little green gnome. Your place looks lovely - such a nice part of the country *almost* makes me nostalgic for the UK :-)
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

So I have just gone through and liked everyone on this thread and put a message with my page so if you could please like me back that would be great ( I know some of you already have)

Hopefully you will know it's me as I've posted as me and also put my page name (iyswim) :D

Sandra
Zoot

Post by Zoot »

I've finally got round to creating a FB page for our property near Cognac in France. In just a few days I've collected 23 'likes' from friends but of course would like to have more. In return I will diligently go through all your FB pages and 'like' with gay abandon!
Thanks
Happylady

Post by Happylady »

Does anyone get any business from having a FB or Twitter account. Sadly for me not one yet
revdev

Post by revdev »

We had our first ever FB booking last week, via a post that I made. That was shared by a friend, and was seen by his sister, who then proceeded to make a booking.

That I think is the key - it needs to reach as wider audience as possible, not just those who have friended your page. FB calls that Organic vs Viral. You want to get as many people sharing a post of yours so it reaches as far as possible.

That friend I mentioned above has a page with only 50 likes, but his posts get seen by 800+ people each time. He has trained his friends and family well, to automatically "share" any post he makes.

https://www.facebook.com/PremiumTurkishVillas
See the job, do the job!
http://www.premiumturkishvillas.co.uk
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Just liked you both, Zoot and Happylady.

We've not had bookings from FB, but we do have an increasing number of previous guests and already-booked guests-to-be joining the page, some even joining in with comments and banter. I probably use FB differently from the way some others use it - I deliberately don't try to 'sell' our place because I don't think it's the place for that - I just use it to share a bit of news here, a bit of gossip there, a nice photo or a tongue in cheek comment maybe ... that's what it's all about for me - building a community.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I have had two bookings via fb. It was via a friend sharing it and then one of her friends booking, plus getting friends of hers to book. Networking in action!

I have a further booking from a past guest who was enticed by a promotional discount I offered.

I use my page to build a picture about Norfolk and the seaside, so it's about seaside craft things, pet friendly stuff, tourist info; anything that might be of interest. I post up to date availability and prices, but only infrequently, so I'm not barraging anyone with a sales pitch.

Getting your posts seen is the key and as I share a lot of stuff from other pages, I don't have the greatest reach. Text posts are best, if a little boring, so I don't do many.

revdev, your friend is very fortunate indeed to get his posts shared. I only get an occasional share, which makes a huge difference.

Have liked all your pages. :D
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

I've had 5 bookings from Facebook :-)

I'm very happy with that as it's free and when I think of how much VRBO cost me last year and I only got 1 booking!!

Sandra
tavi

Post by tavi »

Hi all,

I've just liked a few of you more recent additions (from my personal page of course).

No bookings yet - but think many of my target guests are a little older than your average Facebooker.

Still, it's fun.

www.facebook.com/cabanasbeachhut
lorca

Post by lorca »

I am more than happy to swap likes - and apologies to anyone I haven´t got round to yet, things are a bit hectic here. I WILL do it.

But please, don´t post messages on our page asking for likes (because it looks desperate on both our parts :wink: ) or post links to your own page on the timeline (because that´s just cheeky and an abuse of the trusting relationship most of us have built up here on LMH).

Don´t mean to be stroppy - we´re generally all very supportive and swapping likes is good for all of us :)
If not now, when?
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Lorca, you've raised an interesting issue about who we post as on each others' (and other peoples') pages.

I presume you're saying that you're not happy with posts from, say, me as my page on your page (blimey this is complicated!) and would prefer anything I post to come from me myself personally?

I gather that some people aren't happy with other pages posts on their page - I'm not one of them, as it happens; I actually really like to have posts from other pages on mine because I think it's A Good Thing to network (and to be seen networking) with others without defensiveness - so I suppose my question is how do we all know how to 'behave appropriately?'.

How I work with FB is that I try to keep pages separate from friends, so having liked one of you as both me and my page, I then hide your posts on my personal timeline but keep them visible on my page's timeline, so that generally if I respond to something you've posted it's as my page and not me. I apologise if I've offended anyone in doing that - nothing cheeky intended, at all.

So the question is, how to interact with other pages ..... or do I just give up?
booboo

Post by booboo »

I have been led to believe that when you post on someone else's page from your business page its seen as poaching!

I have done it but don't feel comfortable about it. If I feel some one is using me just for advertising purposes then I just delete the post!
lorca

Post by lorca »

Sorry, this is complicated. I´m more than happy to have other LMH business´s posts appearing on my personal timeline. I find it interesting to see what other LMH members are posting and happy to like/share them now and again.

What I´m talking about is when another LMH businesses specifically post something on my business´s timeline advertising/promoting their own property.

Does this make sense :?
If not now, when?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Etiquette wise it's generally best to tag your page name if posting from your personal profile, but do not post a link to your page as that is blatant advertising. This is when posting on a wall.

You can like from your profile or page, but only the personal like counts in the number of likes. However you shouldn't worry about numbers; all any of us need is interested people who may wish to like or interact with our posts. If anyone shares your post that gives the best chance of being seen by larger numbers.

Comments on a post should be acceptable from a page or a profile, so long as you are making a genuine comment and not trying to promote your business.

It's quite easy,but you need to understand all the different ways of interacting!

If anyone wants an example I'm sure we could post the different ways on their page so long as they understand how to delete the unwanted posts!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Lorca I think you are talking about things appearing in your newsfeed not on your timeline? Your timeline is your wall, whereas the newsfeed is where things from pages you've liked appears. Does that make sense? :?