Listings sites

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Alvaro

Listings sites

Post by Alvaro »

Hi. I´m in quite a few listing sites now. I was wondering about homelidays, owners direct and media hols. Are they any good for spanish properties or maybe only for some certain areas in Spain? any other sites? Thanks.
susanmary

Post by susanmary »

Hi

I've been with Spain-holiday.com and they were really good for me for the last couple of years. Have just renewed listing with them and have had 3 enquiries, no bookings yet but early days (find now people tend not to book in January like they did in previous years, for me anyway). Have also gone with Homelidays this year have had enquiries again always for the same 3 weeks in August, ask loads of questions but not yet booked, one said we're too expensive but price on website!! the others wanted to bring more people that we could sleep. Not loosing sleep yet as its a waiting game and am not prepared to amend prices just yet. I thought of media holidays I may try that next year. OD I was with them a few years back but came off the site as no enquiries coming through. Best of luck
Alvaro

Post by Alvaro »

susanmary wrote:Hi

I've been with Spain-holiday.com and they were really good for me for the last couple of years. Have just renewed listing with them and have had 3 enquiries, no bookings yet but early days (find now people tend not to book in January like they did in previous years, for me anyway). Have also gone with Homelidays this year have had enquiries again always for the same 3 weeks in August, ask loads of questions but not yet booked, one said we're too expensive but price on website!! the others wanted to bring more people that we could sleep. Not loosing sleep yet as its a waiting game and am not prepared to amend prices just yet. I thought of media holidays I may try that next year. OD I was with them a few years back but came off the site as no enquiries coming through. Best of luck
Hi Susanmary. I´m on HL, Abritel, HA and Spain Holiday. Spain-holiday is a disaster so far for me. In january I got quite a few enquiries from HA and HL but only HL converted. I also had enquiries from segundamano, fotocasa and NIUMBA but all of them a bit useless.

It is true enquirers expect lower and lower prices.

I have a voucher for media hols so I am quite tempted but I think it doesn´t make any sense to spend more money on advertising. I am very disappointed with Spain-holiday as it comes up in every google search and it is such an obvious place to look for rentals in Spain and then is not bringing me anything.
brenda

Post by brenda »

We have been with Spain-Holidays for many years and they always performed well for us. Sadly though, this past 18 months they have bought no interest - just a few enquiries from people looking for a cheap deal - so we will not be renewing when our ad expires in September. We have also just failed to renew our OD ad for the same reason.

We have just listed with MediaHols (3 weeks ago) and already have 2 bookings from them.

Our most productive ad by far is with Homelidays - year in, year out it outdoes all the rest for us.
Alvaro

Post by Alvaro »

brenda wrote:We have been with Spain-Holidays for many years and they always performed well for us. Sadly though, this past 18 months they have bought no interest - just a few enquiries from people looking for a cheap deal - so we will not be renewing when our ad expires in September. We have also just failed to renew our OD ad for the same reason.

We have just listed with MediaHols (3 weeks ago) and already have 2 bookings from them.

Our most productive ad by far is with Homelidays - year in, year out it outdoes all the rest for us.
Hi again Brenda. Is there an specific nationality or a predominant one for your bookings coming through homelidays and mediahols? also, any specific dates?