Registering Guests with Guardia Civil

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
fincalospinos

Registering Guests with Guardia Civil

Post by fincalospinos »

Has anyone come across the following ?

We have a holiday rental business, completely legal with hacienda, and the properties are registered as Casas Rural with the Tourism Board, Ayuntamiento and Guardia Civil.
Last March we were told by the Guardia that we needed to register the properties online through the Guardia Civil website, which we promptly did, and were given a username and password.
This morning, GC turned up asking why had we not registered all our guests online last season ???
Now we knew that we had to record guest details, names, addresses, passports etc, and keep them for up to 5 years in case anyone needed to see them, but not that we we required to send the details to the GC within 24 hours of their arrival.
I would like to know if anyone else has had experience of this, or if it is a legal requirement, or are they just trying to hit the Extranjeros again for more cash
Always look on the bright side.
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

In Italy this has been law for maybe 60 years now. Welcome to my world :(
As long as in your town you don't have tourist tax (we do), this is no more cash for them, just more paper work for you...
https://www.facebook.com/lascuoladifurio

There's no second chance to make a first impression
CSE

Post by CSE »

We had that the other day too. It was not for last year but since the 1st Jan 2013.
The poor guys really did not understand why they had to do this as they know, like everyone else, that the crisis has hit. So we all get less guests in. But still they had to tour the area to ask the same questions time after time.
We are the only non Spanish for a long way who own a Casa Rural. But the list was to visit everyone in the area. So do not feel picked upon.
I just wish they would chase the unregistered B&Bs that have popped up in Galicia. They never send in registration details!!!
Thankfully none around here just yet-
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
NonnaGiulietta

Post by NonnaGiulietta »

Obviously I don't know Spanish laws, but what you are describing seems very similar to what happens here in Italy. If so, it has nothing to do with worming money out of tourists. It's a measure related to public order, counter-terrorism, national security, or similar unlikely nonsense. The fact the GC is involved, seems to confirm this. Consequently, it makes little sense to keep the data for 5 years without communicating them each and every time, doesn't it?
Nonna Giulietta Apartment
NG on Facebook

God gave us the gift of speech, but has taken from us that of silence (Sergio Bolgeri, painter)
CSE

Post by CSE »

Consequently, it makes little sense to keep the data for 5 years without communicating them each and every time, doesn't it?
But that is the law, it is easy to comply with so just do it. No compliance = Fine!
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
NonnaGiulietta

Post by NonnaGiulietta »

casasantoestevo wrote:But that is the law, it is easy to comply with so just do it. No compliance = Fine!
Wires crossed, but it's certainly my fault. It seemed to me that fincalospinos had said he|she were required "to send the details to the GC within 24 hours of their arrival". I confirm that I don't know Spanish law -I only mentioned the Italian case as a reference- so make yourself agree among yourselves :?
Nonna Giulietta Apartment
NG on Facebook

God gave us the gift of speech, but has taken from us that of silence (Sergio Bolgeri, painter)
camel

subject

Post by camel »

Its seems a left over from the days when the two countries were ruled by dictators.

The two dictators have been long dead. However old habits die hard.