The 5:2 Fast Diet

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

This is the 2 day diet I'm on. Kinder than the fasting 2 day.

www.genesisuk.org/media-centre/articles ... -Book.html
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
enid

Post by enid »

Slept very well and just enjoying a morning milky coffee in bed - tastes even nicer after a day without
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Got through Sunday ok on fast will do it again tomorrow. Toothpaste tasted sooooooo good on Monday morning!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I get through a lot of sugar free chewing gum on fast days (sometimes there is a not very nice taste in your mouth when fasting).
I didn't end up fasting yesterday because I ended up going out for lunch. But the nice thing about the diet is if you fail one day you just fast another day instead. I was 8 stone 13 this morning, so under my goal of 57kgs after 8 weeks on the diet, waist 65cms (25 inches). Definitely just maintenance from now on.
enid

Post by enid »

Had a another good fast day. Having stock cubes to stop me missing my milky coffee. Moroccan chickpea soup ror lunch and low fat highland stew for dinner - that's all veg with some lentils and pearl barley in but I haven't sourced barley yet so I put Quinoa in. Yummy. Feel a bit windy now.
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

oooh, sounds good. I definitely need to lose a stone...think I will give it a go.
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

First fasting day for me too today, had a very good cream of tomato soup from this site for lunch (113 cals), doing ok so far.......have been having milk in coffee though and still have about 300 cals to go yet, so it'll be grilled chicken and huge salad with a good dressing I think.....

Are you doing 2 consecutive days fasting Enid? I thought they were supposed to not be consecutive...
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I think Enid did Monday. You can do consecutive days if you want to, although I wouldn't have the willpower to do so and I think if you have a physical job the second day would be hard (I never feel well running on the day after a fast day.)
enid

Post by enid »

Yes I did Monday so not consecutive days.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

That's alright then, I'll let you off! OH has had sugar in his tea all day, toast butter and marmalade for breakfast, bread with his soup at lunchtime and is insisting on a baked potato tonight. Have some work ahead of me I think....

LV - I couldn't do 2 consecutive days either, struggled enough today but do need to plan a bit more I think.
Kathy
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Planning is definitely the key. Fast day tomorrow. Will have half pint of skimmed milk during the day and omelette and salad for dinner plus a WW biscuit aftervv
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

That's why I don't eat anything until the evening, there is no planning involved except deciding what to have forn supper. And to be honest, you are so hungry after eating nothing for 24!hours anything tastes good!
enid

Post by enid »

I just don't think I could go all day perhaps cos I'm an old bird now! I like the veggie low cal meals and a day without coffee and no wine. I don't usually eat desserts so that's no hardship but I do like cheese. Knowing I can have some tomorrow is something to look forward to. I really need to lose quite a bit of weight so am calorie counting on non fast days too and having one glorious who gives a monkeys day each week when I eat and drink whatever I like.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

30 calories in a plum for heaven's sake! :shock: I'm with you there Enid, I've got loads to lose too, gave up smoking 8 weeks ago which added another half a stone :( so I've got at least 2 stone to get rid of to start with.
Kathy
enid

Post by enid »

Well we can help each other along. I put on weight when I stopped smoking but that was 15 years ago. I am just enjoying a cup of milky coffee in bed :D