The 5:2 Fast Diet

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Well done Ju, that must be incredibly satisfying. Well done Enid too, that is always so nice to hear good comments from others.

I had fast day no 5 yesterday and found it very hard. I had an Indian at the weekend and there was definitely something about that meal that clearly stretched my stomach (the white rice I assume) so that come the fast day I was really hungry and back to having a headache again. I drank more liquid to try and help and then had the inevitable side effects of that in the middle of the night!

Still, 4lbs off and my jeans feel looser. :D

Agree about the finding a diet that suits Enid; if it works for you and keeps the weight off, then anything is good. I'd tried three different diets, in the last few years, and on every occasion the weight crept back over a year and I had no desire to revisit the diet. I thought the dukan diet was going to work and I lost a good amount of weight, but when it came to it, I couldn't face having protein days forever more to keep it off.
Casa Montana

Post by Casa Montana »

Hi Pepsipuss,
Hi Carl. I visited the Harcombe website. Haven't actually ordered the book but it sounds as if the principles are those of the food combining diet? Avoiding eating carbs and fat at same meal?
Yes it is essentially not mixing carbs with fats. You can also eat unlimited quanties. I used to calorie count using my fitness pal which is a great smartphone app. I do buy in to what the harcolmbe diet says though in that counting calories is not good as your body gets used to the reduction in calories and then starts to store fat as it thinks it's being starved.

Like i say i think i'm gonna give the 5.2 a go also. Just wanted peoples thoughts on the harcolme.

Sorry for the thread creap from 5.2 to harcolme :oops:

Cheers

Carl
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

I didn't have lots to lose but had been trying just to shift 6lbs or so to get back to normal and was stuggling but I'm on my 3rd week of the 5:2 and for the first time in years my scales now start with an 8 and I am absolutely thrilled. Will continue for a couple more weeks until we go to Florida and will see how I am when we get back :D

Sandra
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Well done Sandra, that must be very exciting! Enjoy your trip; I'm sure you will enjoy your food out there, but you know you can quickly get back in control when you're back.
:)
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

Thank you Nemo :D Yes, food and drink in abundance in Florida - everything is supersized :lol:

Sandra
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Yes we learnt that out there last year. I even had to take half a salad home in a doggy bag for one meal. :shock: It's very rare that a salad would beat me!