The 5:2 Fast Diet

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Ju

Post by Ju »

Just spotted this thread. I've not been around for a while, but I have been doing 5:2. I'm 12 kg down (26lbs) and feeling great.

Like LV I just eat in the evenings on fast days. I started of with 3 small meals, but it is much easier to just do one meal.

I have more energy, am more movtivated, I've even started running :shock: I am not worried about putting the weight back on as it is so easy to maintain this way of eating.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I didn't think I could go all day but it is surprising what you can do. I started off eating a small breakfast but once I'd eaten something I felt hungrier than when I'd eaten nothing. And then the 500 calories goes further in the evening. I've been out for a run today and I'm not going to eat until tonight. But you should do whatever suits you.
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

Ju wrote:Just spotted this thread. I've not been around for a while, but I have been doing 5:2. I'm 12 kg down (26lbs) and feeling great.
Wow! That's really impressive, Ju, well done! Inspiration to the rest of us ....
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Well done Ju, another proof it works! How long have you been on the diet? Are you on maintenance now?
enid

Post by enid »

I dream of being able to write such a post Ju - well done
Ju

Post by Ju »

I started in September, put on a bit over xmas but lost it again. I've got 1.3kg to go before I start maintaining.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

enid wrote:I dream of being able to write such a post Ju - well done
One day Enid! And hopefully I'll be there with you :D
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
enid

Post by enid »

Weigh in day for me and I have lost 2kgs (4.4 lbs) and am now at 84.2kgs(13st lbs) I know that would mean that if I stood next to LV we would look like Little and Large but I am moving in the right direction. I have only done one week on the5 2. I started calorie counting at the beginning of March with My Fitness Pal ( which I can really recommend) and I lost slowly which is what I want but then levelled off when I was ill for a few weeks as I wasn't exercising. So this week's weight loss helped by the fasting has really boosted me. Also I have lost 4 cms off my waist since beg March. No I am not telling you that measurement.

Monday and Wednesday are my preferred fast days but we are invited to friends later so I will fast tomorrow and Thursday . Hope the Easter chocolate hasn't led you all astray too much.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Fantastic Enid, well done! I'm a couple of kilos below you and am on Day 6 of this diet but am not convinced it's going to work for me. On non-fasting days I can't stop eating! :roll:
Kathy
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

I was very happy with my first week of doing it as I got down to 9st which I haven't been for ages. If I can get to 8st 10 (or 12) then I'll be happy.

Today is my first fasting day of week 2 of this so we'll see how I get on.

I ate lots on nmy normal days and still lost so it seems to work for me :)
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

COngratulations Enid! Don't be surprised if the next two weeks are more difficult weight loss wise - I lost 2kgs the first week and nothing for the next 2 weeks, but then every week I weighed in less. It seems to happen with a lot of people.
Kathy, I found my appetite was less on the non fast days and I was ore aware of what I was eating, especially if I wasn't really hungry. You shouldn't really need to calorie count on non fast days, but if you are eating more than usual you won't lose weight on this diet. Knowing your TDEE can help with how much you should eat on non fast days.
enid

Post by enid »

Just had my not thinking about weight meal with friends and I did find myself eating less. A bit more wine than I have been having but hey ho one night. I am quite prepared for slower or no weight loss but I think this regime will suit me. I am actually looking forward to a fast day tomorrow
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

KathyG wrote: On non-fasting days I can't stop eating! :roll:
For example: Have just polished off a bag of Cadbury's Mini Eggs - 490 calories. :(
Kathy
enid

Post by enid »

Noooooooo. Don't have them in the house!
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Bought lots of bad chocolatey Easter things for Glen but he's got man flu.....I'll try and get back on track tomorrow, it'll really be a miracle if I've lost any weight on my Wednesday morning weigh-in!
Kathy