booking form and conditions in french

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
pendle

booking form and conditions in french

Post by pendle »

Hello All
Is there any kind soul out there with a gite business with swimming pool that could send me a booking form +
general booking conditions in French.Help
Pendle
enid

Post by enid »

I've got one and I could send it later - supposed to be painting at the moment :wink:
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

enid wrote:I've got one and I could send it later - supposed to be painting at the moment :wink:
Do you always paint with a mouse in your hand?

:lol:
enid

Post by enid »

Do you always paint with a mouse in your hand?
Is there any other way?

Just got my new imac up and running last week and I keep sneaking off for a little play - at least Kevin doesn't have to wonder where I am - always there next to my new play thing :D
paolo

Post by paolo »

You can find rental agreements in French if you do a search like:

'contrat de location saisonniere'
'conditions de location saisonniere'

With Google, click on Advanced and set the language to French. I would use MSN Search as that returns more personal sites ahead of listing sites.

These searches will take you to pages on people's sites where they have their rental agreement, and you can copy and paste the clauses you like to create your own.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Ooh, errr, do others have rental agreements in French? I've never had any French stay and all my stuff is written in English ( I live in England). Do you have the agreement written twice? Do you have the whole site translated? Just pondering :roll:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
enid

Post by enid »

I have the agreement written twice - just redone my brochure in French and will do the web site next - as that is being totally revamped I thought I'd leave that 'til last - a third of our bookings this year are French or Belgian. I also have our welcome pack, which includes travel directions,in French.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Fraise,
I only have the website, t's and c's and welcome pack done in French as like Enid, I get a lot of French guests here too.
enid

Post by enid »

I'll be taking a peak at your website in French Susan to get me started :wink:
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Enid,
it's not as detailed as the UK site - I did it myself but did get it checked over by a French friend of mine, so help yourself if there is anything relevant you can use! It was definitely worth doing - I've been fully booked (with mainly French) since the beginning of April thanks to the staggered spring school holidays - and the heated pool!
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Slightly off-topic, but with your knowledge of French holiday habits, do you think that it would be worth developing a French overview page for my website for the North Norfolk cottage?

We have pleasant countryside, birds (feathered), country houses, victorian pier and friendly people. In terms of French equivalent, we are similar to Normandy, I guess, although the sea-food is limited to fantastic crabs - some of the tastiest in the world.

John
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Hi John,
I can only go on the habit of the French people I know - unfortunately most of them just laugh when I suggest a holiday in England, they still seriously think it rains every day. I also teach about 100 French engineers and most of them have been to the UK, but mostly only to London, more's the pity. I have the odd anglophile, one of whom has even been camping in the UK. A lot have been on holiday to Ireland, but wouldn't consider England, strangely enough. However, that may be a Celtic thing!
Another problem with the French is they don't want to pay a lot of money and UK rental accommodation tariffs are in general a lot more expensive than France - then if you add on the cost of a channel crossing or flight, it is tons more expensive then France! Certainly for the big summer holiday, they would never go to the UK, they don't even want Brittany as the sunshine cannot be guarantee.
You might get the odd booking, but I wouldn't spend money on doing it.