Oh Lawks, now I've gone and done it - nearly!

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Loopy Lou

Post by Loopy Lou »

I've just learned that the very nasty people whose gite business I was on the point of buying in Deux Sevres have sold the property over my head two days ago without doing me the courtesy of informing me that there was another interested party. I have booked plane ticket and hire car to travel over next week for 5 days unpaid leave to meet them at the property, stay there, and sign the compromis at the notaire's. They have not contacted me - I phoned the notaire today to ask where the compromis was and he told me the lovely news. I am utterly livid.

My house is sold in the uk, I have quit my job, so I will be homeless and jobless by the end of June. Fan-bloody-tastic.

That'll teach me to count my chickens before they are hatched, won't it.
Louise
www.lacharronniere.com delightful gites in the Vienne countryside.
A-two

Post by A-two »

Lou, I'm really sorry to hear this, but one thought did cross my mind, only because of what happened to me recently. I called an agent's office about a property and was told by the receptionist that it was off the market, which was odd, because I had only spoken to the agent about it the day before. The receptionist was most insistant, but I made another call to double check with the agent directly and long story short, the receptionist had confused it with another property. It may be a long shot, but I would definitely make another call to the owners personally and ask them what's going on, to hear it from the horse's mouth so to speak. Even if it's not a silly mistake, and they really have sold it to someone else, I think they owe you a direct answer after all you've been through with them and given that you have arranged to stay with them next week.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Good point Joanna - agree entirely, and after how the vendors have behaved, if the property has indeed been sold to another party they deserve to have to give an account of themselves to Lou.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

It reminds me of this time last year when we were about to sign our Compromis. I booked the flights and accommodation,and transferred our funds to the bank. 2 days before we were due to leave the notaire called me to say that the bank had refused to release the mortgage and that we couldn't sign. They made it sound so final and like we couldn;t have the property. It took me all day (at work) to find our mortgage advisor,and speak to someone from the bank to find out what the problem was. Apparently some paperwork had gone missing and our mortgage offer had therefore expired. No-one had though to contact us to let us know. The bank then had to send another offer, we had to have a cooling-off period,and sign all the documents again. We still made it to the notaires though, who went through the contract with us, and we signed proxy over to her for the Compromis. Fortunately our's had a happier ending.
Loopy Lou

Post by Loopy Lou »

Due to the kindness of the people on the websites I frequent, I have found another place to stay from Wednesday that is on the market and looks to be a far better deal than the one I have lost, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Everyone has been so kind and helpful, I can't thank you all enough.

I gave the other people the push. I was rather rude!

Here's hoping.

Lou :?
Louise
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Good luck Lou!!!!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Good luck ! I wanted to offer you my place but it's full till Sept and my other one (private)would be tricky sorting out keys at this short notice :-(
Fingers and toes crossed. At least this time you can sign up there and then if you find the right spot, if not- the hunt is fun :-)

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Stu

Post by Stu »

Good luck Lou. I well remember how exciting it was for us...and the emotional rollercoaster we've had for the past year, but things have turned out pretty well for us here. All I can say is that fortune favours the brave!

As for the little shits that did the dirty on you, I'm a very firm believer in Karma. What goes around, comes around.

You go girl, and if you ever need a place to stay, or an ear to bend, then count us in too!
Loopy Lou

Post by Loopy Lou »

Thanks, everyone. It just goes to prove that people are still essentially kind and thoughtful when not exposed to the pressures of the Greater London area! I will let you all know how I get on when I'm back next week.

Merci mille fois.
Louise
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

I'm a very firm believer in Karma. What goes around, comes around.
Me too!
Loopy Lou

Post by Loopy Lou »

Well, mes amis, I am back and I have had my offer for the property I stayed at accepted. I have to wait for the compromis to get to me so that I can sign it and tie this purchase down and then I will tell you all about it. I feel rather superstitious now about letting too much information out before I have it secured, but I am very excited. Very nice people indeed who will let me stay and store my household while the sale process goes through. This will give me the opportunity to learn all about the property and how to run machinery, etc., while I am waiting for it to be all mine.

Fingers crossed that this time all goes well. :)

A bientot,

Louise
Louise
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Welcome home!! Fingers and toes crossed :-) :wink:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
enid

Post by enid »

got it all crossed again :)
Stu

Post by Stu »

Good luck Lou. Don't forget, if you need any help, we're all here.

Bon Chance!
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Bonne chance Loulou - je tiens mes pouces! :D