Morgan in Normandy

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Calvados

Morgan in Normandy

Post by Calvados »

I am in the throws of reregistering a car in France.

Does anyone have any experience of hiring out a car with a property.

This car is a Morgan 4/4 and we are considering hiring it out with a cottagr, giving say 350 km per week.

Pointers please on pitfalls, insurance and any other comment.

The idea is to attract Morgan enthusiasts, that would want to take a larger car for luggage and of course lots of wine etc., home, but have the use of such a car.

Regards

Calvados
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Isn't that a Harley Davidson with four wheels?

John
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

I think it's a wonderful and very unusual idea, and I would love to hire it (in 10 years time when I don't have the children with me!!!!).

But I'm afraid I can't answer your actual question, as I have no experience of renting out a car along with the house (and I have never heard of anyone else doing so!).

But I wish you luck with your venture... :)
A-two

Re: Morgan in Normandy

Post by A-two »

I don't mean to be negative, it's a lovely idea, but the insurance companies usually manage to spoil this kind of fun. They may not insure you for that kind of useage unless you are licensed as a car rental company.

We don't rent our waverunner (like a 3 seater jetski) for a similar reason, although we have a dock available to moor a boat if guests want to bring their own at their own risk. I'd love to provide even a little row boat with a couple of oars, but we point them to a local rental place, where they are fully licensed and insured. Occasionally, we have offered to take visitors out for a spin at our own expense, but it's far too risky to hand over the keys.
Calvados

Post by Calvados »

Is'nt that a Harley Dav..................

No sorry it is not.

A Morgan 4/4 is a hand built sports car from Malvern,UK.

Take a look at www.morgan-motor.co.uk

Regards

Calvados