advice wanted re ovens - classic or microwave?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

My microwave at home stands useless in the corner of the utility room.
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Wow! Thanks so much for the replies! That was very useful! And I'm most reassured to find that people still like to cook with a real oven!

Thanks for all the model references - I'm going to check out the combis and if I can't find one to suit, I'll go with a classic oven.

oh, and Johnel, good tip re the champagne cooler! We're on the same page - I had just realised last week that I needed to leave them a cooler!

Thanks again, everyone - this forum is great!

Elaine
Lounging on the lily pad...
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

I have been reading the 'oven debate' with great interest and would like your advice on something:

We currently have a combi oven at our rental property (we inherited it when we bought the cottage).

I have been thinking of replacing it with a traditional oven because I am worried about being able to clean it properly if anyone really starts to use the grill/oven for seriously fatty stuff. (You know, the grease on trays/walls that gets left to form a hard crust for you to clean off on a busy Saturday! )

Being so much smaller than a traditional (self-cleaning) oven, I'm assuming it's going to be difficult to get it really clean..without spending 2 hours doing it, that is.

Anyone had any problems cleaning combi-ovens?