Isn/t it quiet?

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

We're on our way Fluffy :wink:
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Fraise,

I'm standing at the end of my drive, welcome pack in hand, and you're not here.

I think I'll go and water the garden. I can do that; I'm not signed up with South East Water and I don't have a hose-pipe ban - yet.

Fluffy
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

....errr, took a slight detour, I'll be there mid July :wink: We're Severn Trent water so no bans here either 8)
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

On Sunday, Jane decided that we would eat outside in the evening for the first time with a couple of friends. Set table on deck at end of garden - lovely hot sun. Sat down to starters at about 7pm and it started spitting. Tried ignoring it for a few minutes but gave up and moved everything inside. Rain stops! However, while we were on cheese it was raining steadily again.

And we are down South, next door to a town with a drought order (Thames are so ashamed of the amount that leaks before it gets to their customers, that we are only on a hose ban so far).

John
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Not even a hosepipe ban up here yet.
Martha

Post by Martha »

phew! Glad it's all back, there's research to do here!
Lovely and sunny in London..but looking forward to Chamonix where we go on the 17th to (hopefully)complete on the chalet :shock:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Firebug, good luck!!!! We were off to sign our Acte du Vente this this time last year, although as it was new, we didn;t actually have anything to move in to until December.
Martha

Post by Martha »

thanks Helen! :)
we have booked a hotel for the first 3 nights...after that, we'll be sleeping in the house on the one bed we've been left!
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Alan, re weather etc
I was out last night on one of those River Tyne cruises, with the warm day the quayside was lined with folk and there was great excitement when they opened the Millennium Bridge for us.
A bit chilly on top of the boat but I was able to just wear a vest top and put my light jacket on later in the evening - that's a good guide for how warm it was. I'm usually still needing a duffle coat in May!

Oh, totally meandering now, as I do. It was really funny as it seems to be the thing for kids on the riverside to turn up and moon at the passing cruises. It is what passes as a hobby in Wallsend and Walker!!
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Sue,
just a vest top
You brazened hussy, or was there something covering the bottom half?

Alan