Spain- Holiday - new (and ridiculous) rates

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Alvaro

Post by Alvaro »

Indeed. I just checked.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I cannot see it?
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Given that the post goes back to March last year could it be this thread you started roxytoo? :mrgreen: viewtopic.php?t=21276&start=0
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

woops didn't look at the date!! thought they had changed them again!!!
Alvaro

Post by Alvaro »

Around 250 EUR. I think I had 2 bookings with them.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I don't advertise with Spain-holiday - are you saying they have increased their rates recently Alvaro?
Marks

Post by Marks »

They increased prices a year ago:

Standard - 219€. A listing on Spain-holiday.com and across 11 Spain-holiday language websites. The position of your property in search results is chosen by a quality score and rotated on a daily basis. A maximum limit of 100 enquiries is applied to all packages.

Plus - 399€. The standard package plus your property receives an elevated position in your local area 'town or city' and suburb search results.

Premium - 699€. The standard package plus your property receives a top ranking in the search results for your local, provincial and coastal area search results.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Alvaro

Post by Alvaro »

Casscat wrote:I don't advertise with Spain-holiday - are you saying they have increased their rates recently Alvaro?
No, no, it's just that I found out today :shock:

Anyway, can anybody suggest other advertising options? I'm thinking about smaller size websites, newcomers, etc. I was thinking about trying Rentalia.
joddle

Post by joddle »

Curently I am using Spain Holiday for two properties, one a villa and the other an appartment near Valencia. Up until now I have been pretty satisfied with them - no spam - good clients and reasonablae prices - BUT they are now becoming expensive and I have started looking for alternative sites.

However, one of my biggest gripes with SH is the way they identify areas. For example our flat is close to the city of Valencia - close enough to make a 8 minute trip by train into the very heart of the city. However if I identify by the little town where the flat is it won't appear in the "Valencia" listings which is where I want to it to be. If I try and select Valencia it only refers to one or two central areas of the city which is not where my flat is.

I have spoken to SH but they refuse to change their system. they don't even seem to understand the issue. Its a bit like trying to rent a flat in Greater London eg in Camberwell - but if you declare Camberwell as where the flat is no-one from abroad will search for it under that name - you have to use "London" then decide if the suburbs are close enough for you. As so the situation is the same here! - no one will look at our "local" town as no-one will know of it but if it were listed under "Greater Valencia" then people could decide if it was close enough for them. Agggggg....
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.