Need Professional Photographer

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Clexane

Need Professional Photographer

Post by Clexane »

Can anybody recommend a professional photographer who operates in Provence. While our photos seem to attract a lot of interest I think its high time that we invest in professional ones.

We are located in Banon, Provence which is near Forcalquier about an hour and fifteen north of Marseille and one hour east of Avignon. We are on the western boundary of the Luberon national park.

Thans for any tips.
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
A-two

Re: Need Professional Photographer

Post by A-two »

Clexane wrote:Thans for any tips.
My tip is do not hire a professional photographer at all. I checked out your photos and they are excellent. The only thing that the professional can give you that you don't already have is a wide angle lens and you can probably buy that for your own camera cheaper than the cost of hiring a photographer for an afternoon.

The lighting looks fine except for the sun bleaching out the view thru the window. My suggestion to fix that would be to search out the posts on this board by CatherineS which explain how to get rid of the sun bursting through the window and replace it with the view you can see when you're standing in the room. When you've read that, you might want to spend the rest of the money saved on buying Photoshop software, because that's what you need to manipulate the image in this way, or you could hire a Photoshop artist to do it for you.

You say that your photos attract a lot of interest. What makes you think that a new set would attract any more interest simply because it's done by a professional? Unless you know exactly why you are having them redone, or exactly what's wrong with the ones you have already, then whatever is produced may be less attractive than the ones you already have. How would you know?

There's an English saying, "don't throw the baby out with the bath water" an another one, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". It was a quick review, but even so, I think you may be doing both.

My 2 cents