Stopover between Calais and Poitiers for me and me dawg

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Loopy Lou

Stopover between Calais and Poitiers for me and me dawg

Post by Loopy Lou »

Dear All,

I am planning my journey from Beaconsfield in Bucks to Chaunay in Vienne shortly (probably 13/14 July) and wonder if anyone can recommend a convenient stopover between Calais and Poitiers for me, my dog and my goldfish! The journey from Beaconsfield to Folkestone is just short of 2 hours so I'll have to leave at 6.30 a.m. to get to Folkestone comfortably by 09:58. I should arrive in Calais at midday traveling on the 10:28 chunnel, so I will need to stop somewhere near Rouen, I should think.

Anyone got an animal-friendly B&B or can recommend an animal-friendly auberge at a convenient place for the autoroutes? This is my definitive move to France, so I don't want to drive overtired.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lou
Louise
www.lacharronniere.com delightful gites in the Vienne countryside.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Loopy Lou, I know a great one near Reims, but not Rouen I'm afraid!!! Good luck. :)
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Lou, I can recommend one, but it is north of Rouen and only 2 hours from Calais which is probably not far enough south for you as you will probably be wanting to get a bit more mileage done on your first day...
Let me know though if you do want the address.
gh

Post by gh »

We sometimes stop at Rouen and use Ibis chain, they accept animals www.accorhotels.com code 0703 for Rouen Nord Barentin, next to the large Carrefour.

Have a safe trip, good luck.
Loopy Lou

Post by Loopy Lou »

Thanks for your help, everyone, but I've found a Logis de France on-line in Alencon that takes pets, so I've reserved. I've bought my chunnel ticket and still cannot believe this is true. There had better not be any problems with this purchase or I'm well and truly sunk!

Talk about living on my nerves........... :shock:
Louise
www.lacharronniere.com delightful gites in the Vienne countryside.