changing Euros

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Turnbull

changing Euros

Post by Turnbull »

Is there like a definitive place where everyone exchnages their euros? Because i'm moving house and I need to find some nice person to exchange my currency without charging me the earth. Anyone recommend anywhere?
Ju

Post by Ju »

Use your bank. Set up a bank account in France and then send SWIFT bank transfers between the two.

Ju
Marion

Post by Marion »

WE use XETrade. Good rate and costs about £8 per transfer.
No need to go far to shop 'til you drop - just go next door to Chanel. http://rueparadis.monsite.wanadoo.fr/
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

There are a number of institutions, such as Moneycorp, Currencies4less etc. who will give you a commercial rate,which is always a lot better than the tourist rate you get if you transfer from your UK bank to a foreign bank account. If you are transferring £5000+ you don't have to pay an admin fee either.
mushroom1980

Post by mushroom1980 »

We used MoneyCorp and they were great. They were really helpful, charged us zero comission on our exhcanges and even zero comission on money transfers. I've never had a problem with them.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Moneycorp don't charge anything extra, but their exchange rate isn't as good as currencies4less. I got quoted 1,434 from CCL and 1,43 from MC when I did a transfer today, but I had to pay a small transmission charge - in the end I think they all end up offering moreorless the same thing in currency exchange, but in a different way.
alec

money change

Post by alec »

why dont you try www.xe.com or fx.com both reputabile companies and they dont charge the earth
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi Alec :lol: Where is Aruba? :oops:
alec

where is Aruba

Post by alec »

LOL,
The Netherland Antillies normally called the A B C islands,

Aruba Bonaire and Curacao , about 20 to 30 miles of the north Venezuelan coast outside the Hurricane Belt and has almost a perfect climate. Caribbean for short
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Wow!! How exotic. I have heard of Curacao, and drunk a bit of it too :lol:

www.thepetitmanoir.com