Advice on Ebay etiquette

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Ciapolin

Advice on Ebay etiquette

Post by Ciapolin »

Hi, after initially having problems, I now have someone through Ebay who wants to book at full price. My problem is that the auction still has 6 days to go, and so I'm not quite sure what to do next.

Can anyone advise?
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

As long as there is more than 24 hours to go and you have no bids on it you can pull the auction. I think you have to put a reason in a tick box but just make something up!

Just found this... http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/quest ... t-now.html
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

soodyer wrote:As long as there is more than 24 hours to go and you have no bids on it
Aah, but she does have a bid on it! The person who wants to pay full price has technically put in a bid at her top price (even if they haven't actually entered the "bid" on Ebay but have contacted her as a result of her Ebay ad and then agreed a price via private emails/conversations), and Carole-Anne should be paying the final price commission (a percentage of the final price) to Ebay.

So if she wants to do it all above board, she should get the person to actually place a bid, then she should end the listing early and choose the
Sell item to high bidder(s) and end listing early
option. This will have the added advantage that (hopefully!) the person who bid will enter a postive comment so adding to Carole-Anne's feedback rating.

If she wants to avoid paying the fees, then just end the listing early, keep schtum, and hope ebay don't find out... :)
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Thanks - after my previous telling off, I would rather do things above board, so will ask the person to bid as suggested.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com