Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I finallt got round to installing Skype. I will be adding it to my website contact details I think. I called my friend who looks after our apartment, and I was amazed at the quality of the sound. Not sure what i expected, bit it turned out to be better.
levelsteps

Post by levelsteps »

I use Voipcheap for calls from my computer to landlines around the world. Calls to some 28 listed countries, USA, France, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Ireland, for example, are free.

For other countries there is a charge.

See http://www.voipcheap.co.uk/en/index.html
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

They all sound great, best thing since sliced bread (actually, can't stand sliced bread).

For serious business use, they've let us down without fail. Bad connections, distorted audiio etc. If you complain you're told it's your ISP, your wireless connection etc.

Not yet convinced. But it's going to happen, I know.

Goat
A-two

Post by A-two »

We don't have any landlines any more at all, only VOIP and cellphones. The VOIP is wired through the house, so any phone you pick up connects to it. The quality of the connection worldwide is the same if not better than regular phone service. The only problem I have found is that because it's using the modem, if the modem needs rebooting, it sets off the house alarm which is wired to central station!!!! It's only happened twice, but because of this issue, I have kept the landline at the rental house for the time being. I sure like my phone bill here better though - $35 a month unlimited calling throughout the US, add another $20 and it's unlimited worldwide 24/7.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I am currently signed up to TalkTalk for my phone and should be transferring to their free broadband soon. I get free local and International calls so I guess I won't really need Skype, but it's easier than remembering lots of phone nos . If they're online we chat, if not i call them.
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

We use Skype for all international calls, it's been a real saver. The latest beta version also lets you send, but not receive, SMS messages; now our PM guy can't just ignore our emails!!
AndyLucia
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I just used Skype for the first time to call in to a conference call while I'm on vacation in Canada. The quality was excellent.

When I'm at home, I now don't really need Skype, since Vonage has just made calls to much of Europe free! I'm thrilled. Not that it was terribly expensive before, but now, well, yippee!
Brooke