Antarctica what a holiday destination

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Well junior is back from Antarctic ,what a place the views etc.He said people pay £30000 just a day trip to say they have stood on Antarctic.
Will have to start saving up ,plus its given him a sideline he is booked up for talks and his film show.
After seeing the films and photos now I know what extreme travel is.how boring my cottage.
Lucky him he is going back .
Will put a picture on here if anyone interested and someone tells me how.
Oh to be young and carefree.
:lol:
bessie

Post by bessie »

French Cricket wrote:Am very envious of your son, bessie. Antarctica is somewhere I've wanted to go for many years - so far I've had to content myself with reading about it!
Well it time for number 1 son to head back for that super destination. If only I was young again.
Maybe they would consider a holiday swap.
pambon

Post by pambon »

Just the place for me in their summer! Can't take 35C anymore :(
Wishing your son Happy Travels underneath our feet!
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

I wouldn't swap with your son, Bessie - I can cope better with heat than I can with cold. Glad he's found himself a job he enjoys so much.
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
bessie

Post by bessie »

French Cricket wrote:
bessie wrote:If it is penguins you are missing ,there is a web cam on their site and a picture of penguin of the day .I kid you not.British Antarctica survey will find it.
Bessie, you've just given me a whole new way of wasting time when I'm supposed to be working! Thank you - wonderful, wonderful images (and not just the penguins, though of course I love them too :wink:.
Hi
Are you still into penguins ,and the cold have a look at bas Facebook page in the dark for 7 months ,stu just about to arrive at base camp .hair raising plane trips.
Just need an exchange week on my cottage ,my thermal s are packed :lol: