Barclays France

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Hells Bells

Barclays France

Post by Hells Bells »

Does anyone else have an account or mortgage with these please? I am continually having problems with them since we applied for the mortgage almost 2 years ago, and would like to know if anyone else has had problems too. I am continually 'locked out' of my online banking, and have received a letter today telling me my mortgage account is overdrawn, when I know there are suffucient funds in my current account to cover it. Normally the transfer between cheque account and mortgage account happens automatically.
Leo

Post by Leo »

I have a mortgage and current account with Barclays France. I initially had problems setting up the mortgage as they kept requesting more information and they kept dragging their feet. However they did seem to respond when I kicked up a fuss or two.

Since the mortagage has been set up I have had no problems accessing my account on the internet and had no problems with the managment of the account. If I have a problem I e-mail my account manager and have had very quick reponses. I have the France Solutions package which means I can contact English speaking staff. This does come at a cost of 200 euros a year.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

leo. I was meant to have the French Solutions package too, via a one-two mortage, but it doesn't seem to be working like that. Due to a fault on the site, I have been unable to access the online baning since APRIL!!!! I have spoken to our banker, and received the relevant codes (two different sets arrived on the same day). As for the overdrawn account, it turned out the funds had not been moved to the mortgage account, and that's where they take the money from! I have once agin asked for new codes, and they still haven't arrived.