Cleaner, key holder, meet and greet

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
7127ela

Cleaner, key holder, meet and greet

Post by 7127ela »

I'm looking for someone to meet and greet and then clean the Appartment after rental....also to be available for emergencies when needed.

Can anyone advise where to find someone in the Mar de Cristal area of the Mar Menor, Spain?

I've normally paid €60 to the person when I've rented appartments myself, and they meet us, give is keys, show us the Appartment, and then meet to collect keys and prepare the Appartment for the next guests (wash laundry, sweep, mop etc). Also a check that everything is the same as when we arrived.

Also looking for a handyman to fir a dishwasher and other small odd jobs. Any contacts or info would be appreciated.
Thanks. :?
Life is a beach....if you get there!
tavi

Post by tavi »

I found my housekeeper by advertising (free) on my local Angloinfo site.

Welcome to the forum by the way. :)
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

€60 to meet, greet, clean, sweep, launder, & fully prepare an apartment for changeover - wow, I'd get their number NOW! :D
holidayloverxx

Post by holidayloverxx »

I suggest that €60 is what the punter pays ...my customers pay €50 but I have to pay the difference out of the rental income.
7127ela

Post by 7127ela »

tavi wrote:I found my housekeeper by advertising (free) on my local Angloinfo site.

Welcome to the forum by the way. :)
Thanks so much for the welcome....and for the Angloinfo website. Just registered and looks good. Can I ask what you would consider the normal rate?

To be honest....as I paid the cleaner myself I thought his was the total cost, and didn't considet that the owner may also pay some. Having said that.....I did speak to someone who had property in Tenerife and he paid €50, which was €35 for the cleaning and then €15 to be on call....which rarely happened.

I suppose the rates vary greatly by country.

Thanks for the replies. Hope to be able to contribute with experience in the not too distant future!
CSE

Post by CSE »

If you are in Spain then maybe place adverts on lamp posts or outside supermarkets. Some towns have public notice boards located in streets for this sort of thing.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
7127ela

Post by 7127ela »

casasantoestevo wrote:If you are in Spain then maybe place adverts on lamp posts or outside supermarkets. Some towns have public notice boards located in streets for this sort of thing.
That's a good idea. I was planning on checking out the local cafes to try and find some expats who may do this type of thing. The supermarket is a great idea to checkout also (no pun intended!).

Thank you. :D
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

My local Eroski has a noticeboard in the store advertising the services of people who clean, take in laundry etc.
Marks

Post by Marks »

Just hang around the ex-pat meeting places. Within 30 minutes you'll have a queue of ladies clutching a mop & bucket with husbands that are electricians/plumbers/builders and sometimes all of those rolled into one :wink:

Is there an owners forum / Facebook page/group for your area? Always a good place for a recommendation.

Careful about the fly posting - my local ayuntamiento takes a dim view of this and threatens prosecution.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
7127ela

Post by 7127ela »

Marks wrote:Just hang around the ex-pat meeting places. Within 30 minutes you'll have a queue of ladies clutching a mop & bucket with husbands that are electricians/plumbers/builders and sometimes all of those rolled into one :wink:

Is there an owners forum / Facebook page/group for your area? Always a good place for a recommendation.

Careful about the fly posting - my local ayuntamiento takes a dim view of this and threatens prosecution.
Lol...hope I do find the meeting place! Have been trying to find some local news/ forum for Mar de Cristal or nearby area. Not a big Facebook fan but I may be forced to go down this route...or get my daughter to do it for me!

Thanks for the feedback....it's the first forum I've joined and so far very beneficial. :D
camel

subjects

Post by camel »

Ex pats would not like to do it for reason that they have come to Spain to retire, find it below them & expect to be paid more than the Spaniard.

You have to be careful in placing notices due to security and might find out your apartment has been cleaned up while you were home in UK or where ever you are from.
Marks

Re: subjects

Post by Marks »

camel wrote:Ex pats would not like to do it for reason that they have come to Spain to retire, find it below them & expect to be paid more than the Spaniard.
Not all ex-pats are retired, many come here to work, such as me. Plenty of ex-pats offer a change over service, some legal & some not. Friends of mine have a property management business with 90 properties employing 5 cleaners who are all ex-pats.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

camel wrote:Ex pats would not like to do it for reason that they have come to Spain to retire, find it below them & expect to be paid more than the Spaniard.

You have to be careful in placing notices due to security and might find out your apartment has been cleaned up while you were home in UK or where ever you are from.
There is quite a bitter tone to your posts camel. You are making very sweeping statements here. As has been pointed out, not all expats come to Spain to retire, but even those that do and find that a life of leisure is not for them do not find property management 'beneath them', nor do they expect to be paid more than the going rate. My managers are British and they do all the work themselves from laundering the sheets to cleaning the toilets. Their hourly rate is no higher than that posted on the Eroski noticeboard for local Spanish people offering cleaning, gardening and laundry services. As for security, renting out your property is an act of trust in the first place. You are no more likely to be 'done over' by your staff than by your guests.
Marks

Post by Marks »

Camel doesn't like Spain or the Spanish :wink:
other

Post by other »

. .
Last edited by other on Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.