Cleaner, key holder, meet and greet

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
camel

subject

Post by camel »

" There is quite a bitter tone to your posts camel "

Apology if comes as bitter. I have not had a bad experience perhaps because I am not naive.

" You are making very sweeping statements here "

On a generic question one has to give sweeping statement & do not see life through rose tinted.... How many expats have got their fingers burnt, dreams shattered ?

" As has been pointed out, not all expats come to Spain to retire,"

Some may have or others may not have.

" but even those that do and find that a life of leisure is not for them do not find property management 'beneath them',"

There is a difference between management and cleaning & changing bed sheets etc.

" nor do they expect to be paid more than the going rate. "

In my experience they do and I found it quite surprising that they feel that they deserve more than the going rate. What ever the going rate is in different part of Spain.

" My managers are British and they do all the work themselves from laundering the sheets to cleaning the toilets. Their hourly rate is no higher than that posted on the Eroski noticeboard for local Spanish people offering cleaning, gardening and laundry services "

Noted as I do not have details of their business model I cannot comment further.

" As for security, renting out your property is an act of trust "
Agree, here I am not talking about the guest. I am talking about your own trusted key holder.

"Camel doesn't like Spain or the Spanish"

Incorrect. I like Spain & has many friends all over & do speak fluent Spanish.

My views are not confined to Spaniards only. They are based on experiences all around me.
7127ela

Thanks

Post by 7127ela »

Thank you for your replies.....very worthwhile joining the forum.

I hope to update you on my findings in 2 weeks time.
Life is a beach....if you get there!