Setting Prices for 2016

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
Yorkshire Lass

Setting Prices for 2016

Post by Yorkshire Lass »

Working on my price list for 2016 and just wanted to get some feedback from other owners regarding Christmas/New Year of 2016/17. We always let Christmas and New Year as 2 separate weeks and don't have any problem letting these periods as full weeks because the houses are quite large for family get togethers etc Christmas Day in 2016 (and New Years Day 2017) falls on a Sunday therefore I'm thinking in terms of letting periods that the appropriate weeks would run from Friday 23rd December - Friday 30th December and then Friday 30th December to Friday 6th January. This isn't ideal but I think is the best option. If anyone has any alternative ideas I'd be interested in hearing them.
We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

www.kingshousescarborough.com
www.facebook.com/scarboroughholidaycottage
www.sandsendpavilion.co.uk
charles cawley

Post by charles cawley »

The dates do not fall well for 2015/16. 2016/7 is way ahead.

Some my go for your option but others may choose to rent out out a full week at Christmas but an option for 3 or 4 days over the new year at 80% of the full weekly rate or so.

I don't really know what would be best for you and our owners have varied requirements on a cottage by cottage basis. If the current revival in confidence continues it could be that your choice is a good one.
Last edited by charles cawley on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
No web-site for now.
Advice about holiday letting
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Oh goodness, do I have to start thinking about 2016/2017 already! :( I have only just let this coming Christmas and New Year!

I normally decide to lose a few days before Christmas in order to give choice (so gave Friday, Saturday or Sunday option as a start) and sort the weeks out, according to how the first week goes. This year I found a bit of a conundrum and I did have a request for a start to the New Year on the 26th. I said sorry, no to that as it would likely have left Christmas people turfed out early. As it happens I have let the two weeks together to the same party which is great for me. No changeover in the middle of our Christmas and no discount requested for my two most expensive weeks of the year.

I will most probably offer a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday start to Christmas 2016 and not let a New Year booking start until the following Friday (unless/until I get an early start to a Christmas booking). I nearly always manage to let the full week for both periods so I only offer a reduced period if I am left with it in the last few weeks before.