Freetobook

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Jemima Copping

Freetobook

Post by Jemima Copping »

I'm sure I saw something recently about this, but can't find it now.
I'm thinking about Freetobook for instant booking on the website.
Has anyone any experience with them?
Cheers
Jemima
Better to be mutton dressed as lamb than mutton dressed as mutton!
johnandtahra

Post by johnandtahra »

I've not used them but I have met the people behind the site in a professional capacity (as part of my day job) and they seem like a decent bunch. I can't say whether their service is any better or worse than any other, but I did not get any negative vibes or anything that would make me concerned. Maybe not the answer you are looking for, but the mere fact that there are real folk behind this would give me confidence...
Jemima Copping

Post by Jemima Copping »

Thanks for that John and Tahra! I found them through PMP so I expect they are OK.
I Just would like to know how easy it is to use, that sort of thing.
Cas & Irene

Post by Cas & Irene »

We use FreeToBook, never had any problem.
Irene is handling the enquiries and she´s very satisfied with this program.

I´m always very happy when I see an incomming mail from FreeToBook and after a few seconds from Paypal ..... booking and deposit!! :D

You can always mail us or post on the forum for specific information.
Sail with the wind from today and count your blessings!
http://www.Bed-and-Breakfast-Barcelona.com
St. Katharine B&B-Hotel Boat in Barcelona!
Follow us on Twitter : @Yacht_Barcelona

Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BedandBreakfastBoatBarcelona
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Essar uses freetobook and has several threads on them. Here's his first. Just put the word freetobook in the search here to bring up the rest.
viewtopic.php?t=18113&highlight=freetobook
Essar

Post by Essar »

Here's another about FTB's FabPay payment system - see here.

I have two properties; an apartment & a townhouse, the set up is lightly different for the two property types but nothing significant.

I use FTB to update all my calendars on listing sites using iCAL. I also use their booking widgets on my website; recently, I have started using their FabPay on-line payments system which is really working well.

I also have a Channel Management link for Booking.com and site integration for iKnow-Dorset.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
Jemima Copping

Freetobook

Post by Jemima Copping »

Thanks everyone for your help.
I thought I had seen your previous post Essar but just didn't know how to get to it.
I'll definitely get on to it tomorrow then and Fabpay also
Cheers JC
Orsonthecat

Post by Orsonthecat »

I use FTB within my website and love it? So easy, and of course it's free!
So much to learn....so little time!
EdinburghCityApartments

Post by EdinburghCityApartments »

Another one in favour for FTB.

It is one of the easiest booking systems I have used.

I use Fabpay with all properties and the Channel Manager for a group of them for Booking.com.

They've also set up Expedia as a Channel so it's a fast growing business.

I'd definitely recommend them.
cpelwood

Post by cpelwood »

I started using FTB this autumn to manage 7 properties and think it's excellent. One of my main reasons was trying to easily (and cheaply) incorporate credit card payments. FTB have a system called Fabpay which takes a bit of setting up, but once up and running is incredibly straightforward and simple to take payments. Still working out the cost but I reckon around the 1.8% mark. iCal feed works well for many sites, probably someone like Super Control seems to have more integration with many listing sites but they cost a bit more. I haven't fully explored the Channel management, although do have full integration with iKnow (not that they ever seem to flood me with bookings!!!). As a company very helpful and responsive to emails etc.
Jake
Character Farm Cottages
964kevin

Post by 964kevin »

We've just starting using them, one booking thus far. But for us we are waiting for them to integrate Stripe, as our home is in the US, hopefully when that kicks into gear the payments will be smoother....

Kevin
http://www.encantada-vacation.com

Our little piece of Florida, never get tired of being there. Love it and the people to bits.
johnandtahra

Post by johnandtahra »

Does anyone know if it's possible to get Freetobook's availability calendar to appear without having to press a button to check a particular date's availability?

The service looks great, but cosmetically and in terms of its integration is not so hot. Ideally, I'd like to see the 'central' Freetobook calendar visible in an Iframe, or (better still) as some kind of style-able widget (e.g. a Javascript) that can expand or contract inline with the page. Sort of like a pop-down calendar rather than opening up a new tab or page....
Essar

Post by Essar »

johnandtahra wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to get Freetobook's availability calendar to appear without having to press a button to check a particular date's availability?

The service looks great, but cosmetically and in terms of its integration is not so hot. Ideally, I'd like to see the 'central' Freetobook calendar visible in an Iframe, or (better still) as some kind of style-able widget (e.g. a Javascript) that can expand or contract inline with the page. Sort of like a pop-down calendar rather than opening up a new tab or page....
I'm with you on this. I have asked and they have said they have no plans for such an implementation at this time.
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
ianthy

Post by ianthy »

Sorry if this question has been asked before but does FTB sync calendar activity with HomeAway?

Thanks
Essar

Post by Essar »

Nope.
Only PIMS & MyVRZone do this.