cave house rentals near Granada

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
southcoastsean

cave house rentals near Granada

Post by southcoastsean »

Hi all, we are looking to buy a cave house to rent out near Granada but we are not sure whether we will be able to fill our bookings sufficiently. We have looked at the availability calendars of several cave houses but it seems that they are not really filling their slots. Does anyone have any experience in this particular field?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I've stayed in a troglodyte dwelling in the Loire valley. We loved it, it was during the heatwave of 2003, and the cave area remained cool all the time. brilliant. My son keeps asking if we can go back, so I can say that he would probably rent yours. but I'm sure it's quite different to the Loire one. We also love the area of Spain you mention, our property is in the French Alps, but we almost bought in the Alpujarras.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I would think that buying one of the cave houses to rent would put you in a niche market. This would mean you would have to target your marketing pretty effectively at the type of client that would rent one of these.

The other factor is how close is it to Granada (as I know some of these places can be quite a distance away). The closer it is to the centre the better - as people may want to combine the experience of visiting the city by staying in a cave house that is only a taxi ride away.

I would think that Granada as a destination is more a weekend, short break place. We live in Spain and visited as part of a tour. But didn't feel we would want to spend more than a few days there.

If short breaks will get you the income you are looking for and you can market well then go for it. Otherwise choose a more conventional location/accomodation...but be careful not to move into a saturated market.

hope that helps

Mouse
x