A life time job?

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Cas & Irene

A life time job?

Post by Cas & Irene »

El Pais (English version)
From now on, the Spanish Tax Agency will intensify its use of social networking sites such as Facebook in its fight against fraud.

They have a lifetime job!
I hope that they start with searching for illegal rentals, here in the marina. Many other boats are now doing also B&B and/or Self Catering rental.
But unfortunately all their visitors are family, friends etc …..?? :evil:

Inspectors will search the internet for information about suspected tax dodgers, including data about their family ties and professional contacts that could shed light on their movements, particularly any undeclared business activities.

Tax inspectors already resort to social networks for signs of assets that do not correspond with suspected evaders’ income statements. But now, investigators will take their search further. The agency is also planning to use special computer programs to trawl the web for more comprehensive information about their targets……..

The agency also has a dedicated group of workers who analyse websites, blogs and other online platforms in search of clues.
Some of their most popular targets are home rentals and car sale websites.

Reed the full article: El Pais-eng. http://elpais.com/elpais/2015/02/20/ine ... 73639.html
Source: El Pais.
Sail with the wind from today and count your blessings!
http://www.Bed-and-Breakfast-Barcelona.com
St. Katharine B&B-Hotel Boat in Barcelona!
Follow us on Twitter : @Yacht_Barcelona

Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BedandBreakfastBoatBarcelona
costa-brava

tax checks

Post by costa-brava »

I agree with you C&I. It applies in particular to the Catalan authorities. They made a big noise about registering for HUT apartment rentals but I still find that in Homeaway, Holidaylettings and all the big sites that the vast majority of adverts don't have a registration number. Many of these are posted by API estate agents. It is unfair to people who toe the line.
CSE

Post by CSE »

If you think it is unfair then make a denunciar(s) against the said property(ies).
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

If they actually had an easy to use and fair system for paying rental tax, they would doubtlessly have far more people willing to to pay it, instead of the present jumping through the necessary hoops.

I could not believe how many accountants/gestors and even lawyers say it's too much hassle and they can't even figure out the rules themselves.

I think the Spanish tax people should look at their own problems first before chasing after lost money.