LOST BOOKINGS (perhaps)

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
nichthewood

LOST BOOKINGS (perhaps)

Post by nichthewood »

Has anyone else had this problem?
We are signed up with several listings company's, so far in the space of 10 days, we have missed the opportunity of 3 different people booking 1 months next June, 2 weeks this Sept and 1 week beginning Sept. all because we have Not received e-mail notice that an enquiry has been made. We have had been advised by one co. that its our Spam filter, but we have it turned off so its not that. The enquires are from 3 different listing companies. We were thinking it must be our computer some way BUT,with the latest one, we should have had a text alert and that didn't come either?

anyone got any thoughts.

www.howittgites.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Which sites did they come from?
nichthewood

Post by nichthewood »

1 from french connections, 1 from holiday=lettings and 1 from e-bay.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Who is your e-mail provider?

Some forum users have had issues with wanadoo...
Brooke
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I have recently had my property on ebay, and all my mail got through, although I did have problems before. I would use a webmail either via your website (if you have one), and forward it if necessary. How about using Google/Gmail? I use the website email and forward it to there. Nothing has been lost since.
nichthewood

Post by nichthewood »

Yes - we thought this might be the case- we are on wanadoo and we have had problems in the past- although we also use a webhosting service and we are beginning to wonder if that has something to do with it. We changed our e-mail addresses to google today.
Lets hope that works.
The thing is none of that accounts for why we didn't receive the promised sms.
Nich
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

No, it doesn't. I assume you've checked that the mobile number you've given them is correct.
nichthewood

Post by nichthewood »

yes. that was one of the first things we checked.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I use my wanadoo address with french connections and have never had any enquiries that haven't got through, but I don't use their firewall.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Ah-hah, then the culprit is most likely Wanadoo.

I believe it was Alan, and perhaps also Tansy, who had this problem before. They could speak to the effectiveness of their gmail solution.

I forward a copy of all my rental-related e-mails to a gmail account, not because I've ever had problems with delivery, but as a sort of backup system. Also, I have set up the gmail account to mimic my other e-mail, so that when I am out of town I can use gmail to keep up, and the clients think the messages are coming from my property e-mail address (info @ mydomain.com).

I love it, but then again I have been a gmail follower from the beginning, so Alan and/or Tansy are probably more impartial. :)
Brooke
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

It still doesn't explain why he didn't get the text message though, other than a coincidence.
nichthewood

Post by nichthewood »

After speaking to holiday lettings, thats all we can come up with. power cuts to emails not getting through and no reason for texts. Tested it today on gmail account and all seems to work fine.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Brooke, the problem with wanadoo before was that our wanadoo e-mails were not getting through to other ISPs, such as NTL, not the other way round. That problem has been solved by using Gmail for ISPs which are known to reject wanadoo addresses. There has never been a problem (to my knowledge) the reverse way round.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

It does look like a spam filter problem though, I have found them in my UK wanadoo account before (it does have a freeserve address though).I just check the spam folder on their webmail regularly though. It must be so annoying for it to happen three times
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Susan, yes, now I remember that. :)

I occasionally don't get text message alerts, but that's my phone company's fault...
Brooke