Looking for an apartment in Edinburgh - West End October

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
FelicityA

Looking for an apartment in Edinburgh - West End October

Post by FelicityA »

One of our son's is getting married in October in Edinburgh. He lives in Eglinton Crescent. We are looking for an apartment for at least 4 people, possibly 8 (daughter, husband and two children may tag along with us). If 4, there must be a superking or at least king bed with no footboard as husband is 6'6" and I don't want to be left out in the cold! Two adult sons, travelling with us, are also very tall so no footboard either on twin beds, or sofa beds would be OK. If for 8, we would need at least 3 bedrooms + sofa beds. We want to be within walking distance of Eglinton Crescent - 15 -20 mins walk is fine (ideally less). Free parking would be a bonus. Our dates are 15th to 19th October.

Any LMHers have something for me??
EdinburghCityApartments

Post by EdinburghCityApartments »

Hey Felicity,

Didn't want to read and run although don't think I can help much...

I only have one property with the SK requirement and that's a studio although have several other just at the end of the street so would mean being in different apartments.

They're also at the top end of your distance requirements at a 20 minute walk.

If you don't manage to find anything here, I'd strongly recommend using www.edlets.com.

Hope you have a fab time in Edinburgh!

Lisa x
tavi

Post by tavi »

We stayed at a nice little flat a few yards from Usher Hall last autumn. I don't think it belonged to a hatter if I recall correctly.

Was on 3rd floor - no lift (as is common in Edinburgh) with two bedrooms (one double, one twin) Beds were super comfy memory foam - and I am really, really fussy. No footboards.

Not super luxury but was comfortable, warm, practical, clean.

Can pm you a link if you want it. :)
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Thanks both. Was looking at edlets but having a problem with viewing - perhaps not suited to ipads.

Now daughter wants to join us, it is a place for 8, or for my preference, :roll: two apartments for four near each other. Very hard to find! Large places are either horrendously expensive because they are geared for 10 or 12 adults or they are great, reasonable......and already booked for that weekend. Didn't realise I would have to get going so early but then they only just announced their engagement. I have had to rule out so many places on the bed issues....

Link would be great thanks, Tavi as that sounds perfect for the us and our sons. I will just have to find something else nearby for my daughter's family, I think.

Edinburgh - I have been to your website and see that you have quite a few! However, am I being clueless? I can't see where any of them are located? All that comes up with an address is a studio in Haymarket for one person. The others just have brief descriptions. Do you have a combination of apartments (even if 20 mins walk away from where we want to be) which would fit the bill - i.e. separate beds for adult sons, (without ends to the beds unless they are just one sleeping in a double 'cos they can go diagonally), separate beds for children (although this is not desperate as they could go in a double) and if there is only one SK that's OK as daughter and husband can go in a smaller bed (so this would be the apartment that could have two doubles and no worries about ends). I don't mind if we are not next door to each other - the end of the street is fine. We wouldn't be congregating there, just sleeping and having breakfast, so no worries that we are going to pile 8 people into one place at a time and move all your crockery about!
tavi

Post by tavi »

Have sent you the link by pm Felicity.
EdinburghCityApartments

Post by EdinburghCityApartments »

Hey Felicity,

Apologies for delay in replying.

Not sure what's wrong with the website - everything comes up ok at my end. The studio sleeps 3 and isn't in Haymarket so that's very strange!

Anyway...the studio is the one with the SK zip/link - http://www.edinburgh-city-apartments.co ... ent/?lang=

Then there're 1, 2 and a 4 bed apartment at the end of the street.

The 2 beds have a double and twin room, the 4 bed has a double, 2 twin and a room with a double and single. The 1 beds have a double and single bed in the bedroom and all apartments have a sofa bed.

They're all at EH3 9JR with the studio being at EH3 9RB.

The main ones apart from the studio are very "budget"...clean and have everything you'd need but currently run more as a business rather than having nice touches as you would with private owners.

Hope that helps!
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Sorry, EdinburghCA - I missed this answer but I found somewhere since very near to my son so went for that - a sleeps six and a sleeps 2 all in the same house. Not very budget because of being in that area :roll:

But thank you for your help!