kashFlow.com accounting software

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
minxx

kashFlow.com accounting software

Post by minxx »

Hi,
Has anyone tried out or currently use www.KashFlow.com for their expenses / bookkeeping?

We signed up for a free trial to have a look at the system, received a phone call literally 1 minute after signing up as we'd asked a question, and they're already trying to get us to sign up for the monthly package...give us a chance to try it first :shock:

We're also wondering about www.clearbooks.co.uk , we have used freshbooks.com in the past for another business but would like to know what other LMHers use.
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

I use quickbooks which I have used for years for my PR business. I find it easy and straightforward to use.

Post by Guest »

:?:
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

When I was working on a consultancy basis and was sufficiently disciplined to do my accounts every month, I realised it didn't matter if the package I used was particularly simple as I was using it sufficiently often to keep familiarity. IIRC I used Quickbooks, but this was ten years ago.

Nowadays accounts is always on my To Do list, gets transferred to the next one, and gets some action about once every six months with a major battering when the tax return is due (I leave that so there's something enjoyable to do at Christmas).

Result - I have to re-learn the package I use each time, and that needs to happen pretty quickly. I have no inclination to have to learn all the Accountancyspeak each time as life is too short. I use Home Accountz which ticks the boxes. If you're VAT registered (and also IIRC using multi-currencies) they offer Business Accountz. Worth a look; there may well be better options - transferring to a new package is a royal PITA (or a Charlotte as it's now known).

So for me the key criteria for an accounting package are ease of learning and intuitiveness, plus output in a form that's usable by my accountant; a .csv file that I can tart up in Excel is fine for that.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

greenbarn wrote:Nowadays accounts is always on my To Do list, gets transferred to the next one, and gets some action about once every six months with a major battering when the tax return is due (I leave that so there's something enjoyable to do at Christmas).
Every six months? Luxury! Mine is an annual beat myself into the ground affair. :( It saves me from hitting the January sales though; always a silver lining to every cloud. :wink:

I shall have a look at these, but the reality is I still need to input the figures for outgoings...always the problem. :roll: