Electric shocks

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

Hi Jane
You have just made me total my bill for the year
We cook with electic and have two water heaters, the bedrooms are heated with electric in the winter, which is normal only put on at night and our total bill is 2950 euro. Ok with have the B&B so i do a lot of washing i must say, but having said that our main season is june to september we dont have many guests during the winter months
Nessie
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

That's a bit more than ours of course Nessie, but you're there full time, and as you say, doing a lot of washing; even so, do others think Nessie's should be less too? Are you on heures pleines/creuses Nessie?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

Yes Jane
we have 15kw but to be honest if we have had a real run on the hot water and the tanks all need heater then we cant run things like the disher washer or washing machine plus heaters in a couple of the bedrooms as it will blow
Nessie
Martha

Post by Martha »

Now I have the fear about the electric, and have started a new thread for energy saving tips...

viewtopic.php?t=2429&highlight=
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Hi

Our own villa (4 bed, 3 bath, pool pump, cooking, heating, no pool heating, no AC, 2 permanent residents, and far too many freeloading visitors ! ) cost Euro 1391 in 2005. This is the amount we paid inclusive of TVA, standing charges, etc.

I should say that someone is at home virtually every day, my wife feels the cold, and it can go below freezing here. We do washing & dishwashing overnight to get the benefit of the cheap rates. The pool runs a couple of hours overnight in winter for the same reason, but 12 hrs per day (and during the canicules 24hrs) in the summer.

Peter

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

I'm getting glummer by the minute. Thanks Peter - what tarif are you on BTW?
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Hi

I'm on 9kw (reduced from 12kw).

The bill says "Electricite domestique options heures creuses, puissance 9kw, code 026"

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Thanks again Peter - I can't imagine we'd pay more than we do now by changing to your tarif, and despite EDF's original advice, maybe we should consider it .....
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

When we first bought we found that all our electrical systems were dropping out at every opportunity. The previous owners had all three puissances set at the minimum allowed, “To save money� they said. It was quite impossible to run more than one major appliance at a time. How can people live that way?

After "playing" with the puissance we have settled on 18kW for our main house, 9kW for our larger gite and 6kW for our smaller gite. No dropping out any more.

The electricity is the same price; 0.045€ per kWh for HC and 0.765€ per kWh for HP. The standing charges are different; 31.38€ p.m. for 18kW, 13.47€ p.m. for 9kW and 7.50€ p.m. for 6kW.

Correction. It is 0.0765€ per kWh for HP.

Alan
Last edited by Alan Knighting on Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

Here in Spain, many properties similar to ours (4bed) have contracted 5.5kW. This works fine for me at present but I do not have AC or heated pool. Even when I installed an electric oven and dishwasher some years back, I expected that I would have to upgrade to the next tarrif at some stage. So far there have been no problems.
I must check our rates to see how they compare with those mentioned here.

Saludos,

from hot and humid Costa Blanca