I'm tired!

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Ju

I'm tired!

Post by Ju »

The end of another long week. All three houses are changing tomorrow, a total of 28 people are arriving. I still haven't finished all the ironing :( I also have to make pastry tonight for the dinner which has been ordered for tommorow, and the OH is at the other property doing a four course meal for them.

I am starting to count the days until the end of the season, when I can put my feet up. Unfortunately the last guests leave on the 7th October and the baby is due on the 20th!

I just want to curl up in a corner somewhere!

Sorry, just felt like sharing that.

Ju
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I know how you feel, not with my guests though as someone else does that, but this is my busiest time at work in the UK, and I'm always too tired to enjoy the summer. Roll on next week, a weeks holiday, but nowhere to go, as our place is occupied.
gh

Post by gh »

Gosh seems like no time ago we shared your good news. Know its hard to find time to relax when you are so busy, hope you get all the jobs done soon and have time for a nice soak in the bath later.

I realise what our cleaner does for us and she really is a godsend she was pregnant last year and this is her last with us, too much she says. Take care off yourself.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

I'm exhausted just reading about your joint preparations Ju - and I'm not pregnant! As Johnel says, take care of yourself - cheat, and buy the pudding for the next lot!!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Good luck with the new arrival.
enid

Post by enid »

If I had any spare energy I'd send it to you Ju - barely got enough for myself - but I know you will get it all done. Courage :D
A-two

Post by A-two »

Jane Bennett wrote:As Johnel says, take care of yourself - cheat, and buy the pudding for the next lot!!
Ditto, or at least buy frozen pastry, and you could stop ironing those fitted bottom sheets for now as well, only do the top ones and pillow cases. I know that you're a perfectionist and want everything to be the best that it can be, but if you can bear to give yourself permission to cut a few corners, it's still the best that it can be under the present circumstances and your new baby will thank you in about 18 years time!

Having just read the horrific wasp-nest-in-the-bedroom story on another thread, I realize that sometimes we worry too much about quite trivial things. Nobody's holiday is ruined by a frozen dessert and a few creases in the sheets, that's if they even notice, so just say no to some jobs and take a nap instead.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

What good advice !! :lol: Hey, French chilled pastry is ace anyway, I have stopped making pastry in France cos the good quality stuff from the supermarkets is so good :wink:
enid

Post by enid »

We are offering table d'hôte one night per week this year. menus designed for easy prep but have been greatly appreciated - here's one.

Salade paysanne - lardons and goat's cheese mainly

Duck in cream sauce - very quick

Cheese

Peyrenègre cherries and ice cream - fruit from our trees defrosted then put in dish with sugar on and stuck in the oven whilst the first course is being eaten.

I'm sure you could design a great menu which remains home cooked but doesn't have the same intensive labour attached. Certainly pregnant women should ditch the dishes requiring pastry making the day before!!!!

I do hope you are feeling better today.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Take it easy Ju - I hope you have someone to help you and OH with the cleaning now! At least it is a little cooler at night at the moment for sleeping. It must be very difficult doing the ironing too as presumably you have to do it standing up. I'm at the opposite end of the pregnancy term - coming up 3 months, so I have terrible nausea and need a siesta most afternoons, so you have my sympathy!
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

Sorry to hear you are feeling tired, Ju. You sound like superwoman to me!

But good advice from Joanna as usual, nobody's holiday will be ruined if you don't iron the bottom sheets - just DON'T DO the stuff that doesn't NEED doing!!

Although you probably feel it is difficult to compromise the standards that you have set, you mustn't compromise your own health and well being and that of your baby.

I bet your guests will be just as knocked out and pleased as they always are and you might just feel a little less knackered.
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
enid

Post by enid »

I'm at the opposite end of the pregnancy term - coming up 3 months,
Lovely news - can I be a cyber aunty Ju and Susan? :D :D :D :D

Look after yourselves both of you!
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Ju & Susan....Ditto what Enid said..it's the most hectic time for holiday rental, but take care both of you!

Another cyber 'aunty' in waiting!
A-two

Post by A-two »

Susan wrote:I'm at the opposite end of the pregnancy term - coming up 3 months
!!!!!!!CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Congratulations Susan!!!! :D