Not for the squeamish!

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Mouse wrote: Infact the tourist bumf brags that Ibiza has nothing living on it that would be harmful to man.

Mousie
x
Apart from the bartenders, the party organisers, the drunken sluts (of both sexes) . . .

We have scorpions and vipers here, Mousie - seen them both in my garage (though not since we brought the cats down).
:lol:

Mols
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
pambon

Post by pambon »

Moliere wrote:
Mouse wrote: Infact the tourist bumf brags that Ibiza has nothing living on it that would be harmful to man.

Mousie
x
Apart from the bartenders, the party organisers, the drunken sluts (of both sexes) . . .

We have scorpions and vipers here, Mousie - seen them both in my garage (though not since we brought the cats down).

:lol:

Mols
Scorpions, Mols; really. I'm surprised.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Oh yes, lots of them, but really they're so shy, you rarely see them, they just want a quiet life. There's two types, black and red, and one is really venomous while the other is less so - but I can't remember which is which. They sometimes even end up in the pool when they've got a bit careless.

Mols
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

We have a chalet opposite our apartment which has the grass mowed once each summer, usually during our own holiday. We know to keep the terrace door shut until the mowing stops, as we are invaded by crickets, grasshoppers and flies. Unfortunately my Mum didn't heed the advice and opened the door only to be accosted by a green thing (carnivorous cricket?) who hopped down her top into her ample bosom. :lol: :lol: My Dad and I still
crack up at the mere mention of a grasshopper. When we were there a few weeks ago, we had loads of flies at the start of our week, but the green things seemed to get rid of them. Suspect carnivorous crickets, so will encourage them to go out again at bedtime in future.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

HelenB wrote:we had loads of flies at the start of our week, but the green things seemed to get rid of them. Suspect carnivorous crickets, so will encourage them to go out again at bedtime in future.
That's given me an idea..... to avoid being plagued by flies when out for a walk, maybe some of those crickets would be the answer. All that's needed is to catch a few and put them inside an open-mesh receptacle, maybe a cube shape. A sort of Cricket Box.
Now, where to wear it? :?
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

HelenB wrote:Unfortunately my Mum didn't heed the advice and opened the door only to be accosted by a green thing (carnivorous cricket?) who hopped down her top into her ample bosom. :lol: :lol:
You've just reminded me of many years ago, early into our marriage, OH and I would pack our swimmies and lunch and head off for a secluded beach. It was secluded because the cliff path down to it was not for the faint-hearted. It was pretty much a rabbit track, across a little stream, then a scramble down the cliff face for the last 30 feet or so. Once there, it was bliss. A whole beach (OK a rocky one) to ourselves, and the piece de resistance, a Venus' pool we could swim in.

On one particular day, because I'm scared of heights, OH was as usual carrying the picnic blanket, the rucksack with swimmies and lunch, and the camera. He got to the point where the path was crossed by a little stream, making it very muddy and slippery, and suddenly dropped everything, including his jeans! A cricket had hopped up his trouser leg and reached parts you don't want AndrewH's crickets to reach :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Surprisingly enough, everything survived its bounce down the cliff, even the camera, but I must admit we gave up going down there shortly thereafter - more due to my fear of heights than the cricket, I'm sure :oops: :lol:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!