To suggest improvements and additions to the forum, or ask about technical difficulties using the forum.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I'm cutting down on the visits as I find it so annoying!
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

I've been logged out by the site a few times in the last couple of days while I've been viewing pages. No big deal except that it means I don't have all the unread pages since last visit flagged up when I log back in.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Yes I'm sure it's affecting us all. :(
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

Cassis wrote:Is everyone else still having to log in several times a day?
Yes
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

That'll be "Yes", then :lol:
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

I log on to LMH once every one or two days. No big deal to have to enter the user name each time, especially as the user name appears after typing the first letter and the password appears automatically. Don't see it is a big problem which I am sure Paolo is doing his best to solve. Also I don't see the need (and don't have time) to log on several times a day unless you are an addict.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Paolo owes us nothing and we owe him a lot. Even if he hasn't got time to look at it, that's okay by me, but I haven't had this problem until today and wasn't sure if it was the same issue. After some time away I happen to be contributing to a number of topics (does that make me an addict :lol: ) and I'm having to log in every time I post. Hang on, WTF am I doing justifying my question? :?
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Cassis wrote:Hang on, WTF am I doing justifying my question? :?
Don't know but no need. Each to his own and no-one needs make a judgement on anyone else as to the frequency of log ins. We are however allowed to keep Paolo in the loop that there is an ongoing problem. Now if anyone wants to pass comment on the number of my posts, then bring it on. :wink:
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

oasiscouple wrote:Also I don't see the need (and don't have time) to log on several times a day unless you are an addict.
Don't see the need? Errrrr :oops: :oops:
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

KathyG wrote:
oasiscouple wrote:Also I don't see the need (and don't have time) to log on several times a day unless you are an addict.
Don't see the need? Errrrr :oops: :oops:
Excuse my curiosity, but why the need to log on several times a day. For me, today is an exception as I received an email notification of a reply - so curious to see the follow on. Perhaps I have answered my own question.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Direct log in for me this morning. Life in the fast lane again! Thanks Paolo,
Jim
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Jimbo wrote:Direct log in for me this morning. Life in the fast lane again! Thanks Paolo,
Not for me, unfortunately. But maybe just this once may be necessary. Doigts croisés! 8)
oasiscouple wrote:Excuse my curiosity, but why the need to log on several times a day.
In order to post a reply. Excuse my boldness, but his is a section for "Suggestions and technical problems" so it seems an appropriate place to ask a question about logging in issues.
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

oasiscouple wrote: Excuse my curiosity, but why the need to log on several times a day. For me, today is an exception as I received an email notification of a reply - so curious to see the follow on. Perhaps I have answered my own question.
Because there's always something going on! I don't know how I'd be managing this business without LMH, it's been a lifesaver on many occasions. Everyone gives so freely of advice and many friendships and connections have been made through this site. In fact I'm off to donate to Paolo's wife's shoe fund right now. :D
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I'm still having to log in :cry:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Jimbo wrote:Direct log in for me this morning. Life in the fast lane again! Thanks Paolo,
Err ... not the next time. Back to the slow lane for me! :D
Jim