Goodbye to All That....

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Nightowl

Goodbye to All That....

Post by Nightowl »

I've been a bit quiet recently because we are upping sticks and moving to our house in spain shortly and been really busy putting our house on the market and getting things sorted.

After 8 years or more of London Holiday lets, this is our last week of renting our two London properties; we are going back to SAT tenancies for the foreseeable future. Funny enough for the first time EVER, the last week of one flat hasn't been booked for the bank holiday weekend but I'm quite glad really as we now have the contents of 3 properties to shift by the end of September.. plus all our packing and generally getting our life in order.

Thanks to everyone on LMH for all your wisdom, support, wit and friendship - some of you I've met up with and others not but LMH has been a really valuable resource of like minded people who know how hard (but rewarding) it can be to run this kind of business, (despite many people, who know that this is what we do, still referring to us as being 'retired'.. hrrrmmppph... (but I am sure a lot of you experience that one...). particularly, thanks to Paulo for continuing to run the forum.

Anyway, I'll still be looking in (because I'm nosey and I'd miss you all otherwise).

Please keep your fingers crossed for us that our house sale goes through without a hitch and we can pay off some mortgages....

Thanks a lot all...

Cindy aka Nightowl.
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

All the best Cindy with whatever the future brings you. Thanks for all your contributions over the years. I fondly remember the 'Lord of the Rings' spoof on which we collaborated - great fun!

Please keep your fingers crossed for us that our house sale goes through without a hitch and we can pay off some mortgages....

Firmly crossed ...
Jim
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Wishing you much luck on the next adventure in your life. Hope it all falls into place smoothly. :)
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Wishing you a happy and easy transition to the next phase of your life, and glad to see you will still pop in from time to time.
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Good luck with your new adventure - I'm jealous! Please keep lurking, I'm sure you will still have valuable advice to offer.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Woo-hoo! New beginnings Cindy! All the very best for your new life.....and everything crossed for a quick, stressless sale.

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

How exciting Cindy! All the best for your new if in Spain and good luck on the house sale. Please still keep looking in from time to time, your sense of humour and common sense will be missed! Good luck, and I hope you don't miss the cleaning too much :wink:
paolo

Post by paolo »

Thanks for 10 years of LMHing, your wit and wisdom will live on here for all eternity (especially if we can sort out current bugs). All the best with your new direction.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I learnt so much from you , all the best for the rest!
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

All the very best for this new phase of your life, Cindy - I'm excited (and exhausted!) with and for you :wink:

Everything crossed xx
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

All the best Cindy. Hope your new life in Spain is even better than you are hoping for, and that your house sale happens fast.

I'll miss the longest standing PIMS user and your contributions to the forum, although not running a rental is certainly no excuse to avoid visiting and contributing to LMH :D
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

All the best, and don't forget those of us still at the coalface!
e-richard wrote: not running a rental is certainly no excuse to avoid visiting and contributing to LMH :D
Absolutely agree - of your many posts, perhaps the one I found most useful was your assistance with recognising a clematis.
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

ah thanks all. We are bricking it a bit really - but I think that's natural. We'd be mad if we thought it was all going to fall into place without any stress. Had a great family/friends party at the weekend and I now feel I can box up our lives and knuckle down to it all. it IS pretty stressful but things seem to be going to plan so far. Daughter has found a flat (tick), in the nick of time cos she goes on holiday tomorrow for 10 days (guess who is moving all her stuff in her absence, as if we don't have enough to do. House is under offer (tick) 2 days after we put it on the market. Rentals are finishing (tick); one tenant line up (tick) seeing another one tonight (hopeful tick). Fam members at the party bagsied furniture, garden stuff etc that we are not taking with us (do you want that? are you taking this? - fine by us, we are not taking most of it! Would rather someone has it than it gets chucked away!

Jimbo just reminded me about the 'Lord of the Rings' spoof thread... I don't get too involved in LMH spats normally but that particular time I was very riled by what was going on.. I think between us Jimbo and I managed to persuade one particular dragon to flee to a far off kingdom...

Anyway, like I said, I'll be looking in... LMH is part of my morning coffee routine.

e-Richard, thanks for all your help on PIMS, I definitely could NOT have run my business without it, even though I didn't use all the bells and whistles, PIMS was an absolutely bloody godsend; I'd urge everyone who doesn't already use it to have a look at the demo and features, it'll save you hours.

Paulo, I feel a donation to the shoe fund coming on...
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
Annew

Post by Annew »

I hope it all goes well for you and that everything slots nicely into place .... I have to admit I am a tad jealous

Best of luck :D :D :D
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
enid

Post by enid »

Good luck in your new adventure and welcome to life after holiday letting ( yes I know I can't quite say goodbye to LMH either).