Never judge a book by its cover

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
bessie

Never judge a book by its cover

Post by bessie »

Having CES and lupus I am always careful how I react if people say they have health issues.
I was moved to tears after reading the spoon theory ,it sums my life up comp!etey some days.Its worth reading.I am now a spoonie as my son puts it. :roll:
tavi

Post by tavi »

just had to Google it Bessie, what a great page that gal has created.

Living with a chronic illness must be very tough.

The internet is a powerful, useful and educational tool when used in the right way isn't it?

There's even a FB page too.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

http://thespoontheory.tumblr.com/post/44757754831/faq

Here it is for others. I too had to google it....but it immedietely made sense having suffered from endometrosis dreadfully in my 30's whilst also trying to sustain a career (and appear normal).

Thankfully I don't have to do a spoon count anymore but it reminded me that many people do...so thanks for that bessie!

Hoping you have many spoons this week

:)

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
bessie

Post by bessie »

Thank you
I ran out of spoons on Monday running on credit spoons now. :lol:
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Bessie, thank you for posting about this (and Mouse, thanks for the link :D ) - it opened my eyes to what a lot of suffering is hidden from most people, and how somebody's apparent rudeness/abruptness may not be that, simply that they've run out of spoons/energy and can no longer cope.

Bessie, you are an absolute heroine. Minus a few spoons but carrying on, not only farming (which is a hard life anyway) but also holiday letting - I take my hat off to you.

Bunch of flowers and huge round of applause to you.
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!