Showing time/date of posts

To suggest improvements and additions to the forum, or ask about technical difficulties using the forum.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

The move to ADSL has taken place and the wireless network is installed - completely painless.
Well, not quite!

With or without special adapters, all telephones bar one kill the ADSL stone dead. These things are sent to try us.

Alan
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Alan, France TELECOM only lets you have a max of 3 telephone points with ADSL installed (at least, FT says this - this info might be as unreliable as the rest of FT - good luck with Wanado if you use it!) - have you tried limiting your tel. outlets to 3 ?
Alexia.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Alexia,

Many thanks for that!

That is exactly what I have - a Wandoo connection and three telephone points.

The telephone point which really causes the problem is one which has a Samsung answer phone/fax machine attached to it. With an adapter it works but kills ADSL - without the adapter it doesn't work at all (not even a dialling tone) but still kills ADSL - stone dead!

I'll fix it between Christmas and New Year, once I have cooked and eaten the goose and all it's trimmings and produced enough cooking fat for the roast potatoes for a year or two.

Alan
sleekitbeastie

Post by sleekitbeastie »

Alan Knighting wrote:Alexia,

Many thanks for that!

That is exactly what I have - a Wandoo connection and three telephone points.

The telephone point which really causes the problem is one which has a Samsung answer phone/fax machine attached to it. With an adapter it works but kills ADSL - without the adapter it doesn't work at all (not even a dialling tone) but still kills ADSL - stone dead!

I'll fix it between Christmas and New Year, once I have cooked and eaten the goose and all it's trimmings and produced enough cooking fat for the roast potatoes for a year or two.

Alan
Have you tried another phone in the same socket? If that works then the problem is probably the Samsung. If the problem persists then there is perhaps (probably?) a fault in the socket. If you have nothing connected to the suspect socket at all does the ADSL and or analogue voice work on either of the other sockets? Finally was the Samsung fax bought in France or in the UK? I have two Samsung fax/answerphones, both bought in the UK, one works fine here but the other is a bit fussy.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

sleekitbeastie,

I have an ordinary analogue telephone connected to the base ADSL socket, working perfectly.

After a couple of re-boots of the wireless router I have a cordless telephone system, working perfectly.

I have a residual problem with a Samsung 31001-SF answerphone/fax (bought in France). Without the special ADSL adapter it works but kills ADSL stone dead. With the special ADSL adapter it doesn't work at all - not even a dialling tone, but still kills ADSL stone dead. It has to be the socket or the wiring in the plug.

It's extremely annoying but not a crucial problem. My PC can always become my answerphone/fax - I would just need to leave it switched on (in sleep mode) all the time.

I hope you have had a Merry Christmas.

Alan