My very own swimming pool not

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
bessie

My very own swimming pool not

Post by bessie »

Well our local river is in full flood,the farm drains can take no more and one of the cattle yards is over 4 foot in water.who's got a big brolly please.
How much more can it rain.
As Morecambe and wise sang bring me sunshine. :lol:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Oh Bessie so so sorry to hear that. I really hope that's as far as it goes and you don't suffer further.

Fingers and toes crossed for you!

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
MiniMum

Post by MiniMum »

So sorry, Bessie, for you. We are near Yalding in Kent so have seen the utter devastation first hand. They have been lucky this year but they live in constant fear.

Fantastic that you still keep your sense of humour and surely it must stop raining soon?

Sending you sincere best wishes....
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

Really sorry to hear this, hope it dries up soon. The pictures from around the UK are just horrendous. Doesn't sound like you need a brolly though, more like an instant hill in the middle of your property to retreat to!
annedab

Post by annedab »

How unimaginably awful for you. Hope it doesn't get worse. Stay safe.
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Sympathies bessie. We were very fortunate to miss the worst of what hit Cumbria, but many places not far away were devastated - now Yorkshire. Keep sane, safe, dry and warm! Oh, and we're surrounded by farmers here and we know what they're like, so in a few months' time if there's a long spell of dry weather think twice before you say "we could do wi' a spot of rain......!" :wink:

Hope you can move the livestock somewhere safe?
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

It's all been up north so far, but I noticed that The Thames has burst its banks opposite us now. We are too high up to flood but I'm not optimistic for the low lying surrounding villages which often flood. It's just so slippery and muddy here. I've spent the day ringing round to get a delivery of road planings to lay on the tracks and not surprisingly it's in short supply a the moment. Praying it gets no worse for you Bessie.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

It is awful. My heart goes out to all those affected or struggling to cope. Even our local river has burst its banks here in the south. I'll send a virtual Eric with sunshine. He lived in my home town with his family, so I often saw him out and about. A lovely, extremely shy man.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Bessie, how awful for you. Hope it doesn't rise any further - and if you can find that big brolly, maybe you should use it upside down as a boat! Hope you've not got guests in as well - that would be a lot to cope with, soggy farm animals and gloomy guests.
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Fortunately we don't have any flooding, but I'm so sick of rain, mud and soggy clothing everywhere, not to mention damp dogs.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Thank you everyone,its people with houses I pity all that mud but also all the farmers as crops are lost and income we don't have insurance for that.
I think you have to smile as my dad always said when it rained on crops no point moaning my brollys not big enough so get on with it.
Yes Nemo Eric and Ern were funny and good old fashioned humour.
:lol:
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

bessie wrote:Thank you everyone,its people with houses I pity all that mud but also all the farmers as crops are lost and income we don't have insurance for that.
I think you have to smile as my dad always said when it rained on crops no point moaning my brollys not big enough so get on with it.
Yes Nemo Eric and Ern were funny and good old fashioned humour.
:lol:
bessie, I wonder if you remember Eric and Ernie's parody of Singing in the Rain? Might be more appropriate.......
This clip might bring a smile.
ellerhow

Post by ellerhow »

Sending shed loads of sympathy Bessie and wish it could be sunshine!
Essar

Post by Essar »

My sympathies too Bessie - good luck with the clean up.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
bessie

Post by bessie »

Thank you greenbarn will try to dance with my brollys tomorrow it will be more singing in the mud. :lol: