worldsurface.com

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
natural

worldsurface.com

Post by natural »

Hello to all. I'm new here.

I run an eco minded guided holiday guesthouse in Andalucia.

Has anyone ever heard of or placed a listing on worldsurface.com?

The site seems to have a good visitor record and has ecofriendly people advertising on there.

Its 50 UK pounds for a year which I thought was quite reasonable.

Thanks

Clive
natural

worldsurface

Post by natural »

Hola.

Well, that is very strange. After my first enquiry to worldsurface about the possibility of a listing on the site I received weekly mails from them asking me to sign up.

I emailed them two weeks ago saying I was ready to place a listing and have heard nothing. Zilch. I sent the mail again last week and still nothing.

Has anyone any experience of this listing website?

Regards

Clive
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Clive
If they're like that before they've got your cash, you might have a hint of what they'll be like when they have your money and something goes wrong.

Just a thought.

Goat
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Wise words MG, I'm proud of you!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

I thought it was owls who were wise? Hmmm...not sure if it's in a goat's job specification.....they're both right though :twisted:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Well, yes, thanks. I thought it was rather good as well.

Goat

Not just a pretty face.....
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Goat, you're green! :? Is this what Dreamweaving does to one?
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

There's more to this outfit (Scuba Diving Philosophers: Simon 'n' Julian) than meets the eye:

"Who are we?
Worldsurface.com is a next generation internet start up. We are self funded, we value our independence and we recognise that profit funds independence.

Within our core team of Simon North and Julian North, we have 15 years of Travel Agency experience, CFO experience, Wall Street experience and we have 7 years experience of building databases, intranets and internets. We have CIMA membership, a Masters Degree in Contemporary Philosophy and 3 PADI Licences :lol: . We have started one company and assisted in the senior management of another.

We have watched the internet soar, bubble, crash and burn, we have seen dreams die, Gods with feet of clay :(. We chased funding, structured our business plans, quantified our revenue sources and decided that the best way to start up, is just to start up.

We are tenacious, we are resourceful and we are persistent. Between us, we have cycled from Texas to the southern tip of Chile, watched the sun rise over the Taj Mahal and explored Mayan ruins in the rain forests of Guatemala. We have seen what tourism can do, and we have seen what tourism can do"

But they haven't answered your e-mail. Tut, Tut.

Goat
natural

peru?

Post by natural »

Hola.

Maybe they are on a bicycle somewhere in peru?

I don't know. I am just getting a bit desperate looking for a place to advertise my "niche" enterprise here in Grazalema.

Cheers

Clive
janskov

Post by janskov »

Why not try responsibletravel - sounds like it might be right for you - if I understand eco minded correct
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

My personal experience of eco-travel is eye-watering expense.

When responsibletravel.com is up and running again (server down?) I'll post the link to mountain camping for £250/pppn without your own washing facilities, on our next-door hill.

I think your booze bottles are taken down to the valley (very eco-), I'm sure the canvas is organic, and you can impress your neighbours with snaps of your own personal moon pod (my-pod?), but somehow I'd rather have a campfire burning fivers.

There would also be the sound of the owners laughing all the way to their bank, keeping you awake.

Goat
A-two

Post by A-two »

You're ahead of the game. Our eco system is delicate also and we pitch to the environmentally sensitive. It's up to you to write captivating copy to stress the unique qualities of your property, and no reason why yours would not stand out from the crowd as the eco friendly option for those looking for one. Remember, if you can't find a specialized listing site without a great deal of determination and difficulty, then you can't expect any guests to find it either. I would wait for a small site to prove itself before listing with them and in the meantime, follow the crowds.

My 2 cents.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Good Morning goats[and others] :D

Wouldnt 'Grazalema ' :wink: be the perfect place for you & your goat friends to meet up, you could start a cult.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Joanna wrote: Remember, if you can't find a specialized listing site without a great deal of determination and difficulty, then you can't expect any guests to find it either.
Joanna's got a great point here - why are we wasting time waiting for these guys to get off their bikes?

Morning one and all! Ros, I'm packing my bags - I'm in love with that Ibex on Clive's home page - middle pic. Seriously Clive, looks a great spot for a 'natural' holiday, and this market is becoming more and more attractive. I'm wondering if the big listing sites (H-R eg) might even be persuaded to add a separate category to cater for people seeking something like this, and if any of the North Am sites already do it?

Responsibletravel.com looks very appropriate; up and running now MG though the search facility seems in a bit of a mood with me at present.
garlic

Post by garlic »

Hi Natural MG and all,

I spend half my life (well not really) looking for 'niche' sites to advertise on...I think it's difficult if your offering is slightly outside the norm in the sense that my place is fantastic, the location is fantastic but not for everyone and I can identify the people who will have a great time here: walkers, birdwatchers, nature lovers, peace and quiet seekers and those who won't: major attraction seekers, nightlife seekers and people for whom a pool isn't something that you happen on by a river somewhere but a blue thing with beds lined up at the side....

I'm with some of the big standard holiday rental sites but I don't think I attract that many enquiries even.
I'm with slow travel because I think I really fit into a slow travel sort of mindset...I've had absolutely ziltch by way of enquiries and I'm not sure wether that's because the site is small or what?
I've just applied to resposible travel...what I do like about them is that they categorise holiday and accomodation types. The accomodation section isn't massive and their charges aren't tiny but they do offer a sliding scale so that's sort of good. I also think they get quite a lot of exposure in the press etc. So I'll see what happens...