Andalucia register before May

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Manclass

Post by Manclass »

Has anybody successfully registered yet ?
I was under the impression that I had to register before the 12th May but I have now been told that I cant register until the 12th May... Totally confused ...
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

You're entitled to be confused Manclass. It became law, I believe, on the 12th of Feb and has 3 months to become effective. My understanding of Spanish law is that when it becomes effective on 12th May you must be compliant with the law. The law states that you must have your license number in ALL ADVERTISING.
By default that means you have 3 months to get registered but in practice it will depend on whether the registration process is in place.
So let's go with your question; "Has anybody successfully registered yet?"
I suggest that you start a new thread with that question as your title. Keep it alive each week till somebody answers. It is an enormously important question. I think Sanchisimo will probably be the first because he's on the case but every owner in Andalucia should be pushing for answers.
But here is why it is important. When they get set up they will be reasonably fast; then will come a flood once everybody knows and the system will collapse. If you get in at the beginning you'll have a more relaxed summer.
Manclass

Post by Manclass »

Thanks Costabravarent.

Will do that thanks. New thread coming up.