Lifes Too Short!

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Now you are going toooo far purple hat,& pink handbag. :roll:

I know goats are supposed to eat anything but I think even Gascony would draw the line at a purple hat :!: :wink:
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Ros, goats tend not to bear grudges - they just get it out of their system straight away with a good old head butt. It does tend to clear the air - and ones head too!! Try it!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Got to practise head butts from now on! (and purchase a good pair of horns for effect!)...you goats have got it easy!

Ros...I can relate to your 'grudges' about finding it difficult speaking to 'children' that have upset yours while at school. I still feel the same way about one particular girl who bullied my Daughter consistently at school (she's 26 now) . I saw this girl in Fuengirola last year, we both recognised each other straight away but I just couldn't go up to her and say hello as she caused my Daughter so much misery!
enid

Post by enid »

Have you got your purple hat yet, Enid?
That's purple clothes with a red hat - got 'em on order and I'm practising the spitting.

I like the end bit best

'But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.'

Great poem
:D
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

re elastic. I'm sure they just renamed elastic Lycra to appeal to a wider (Ha!) market.

Whatever happened to Crimpelene? No wedding was complete without the grannies, maiden aunts in hideously coloured crimpelene two pieces which were very flammable when the drunken best man tried to light up later in the day.. :lol:

I remember some "gorgeous" :roll: (so my mam thought) baby blue crimpelene bell bottoms i had at infant school. She loved them as they washed and dried really quickly, erm, that was really the only good thing you could say about them. Even at 5 year old I knew I was on dodgy ground fashion wise.
Vally

Post by Vally »

I am a bit of a grudge bearer, especially in serious things...but I have a way ( not totally satisfactory) of dealing with it..., My daughter and I once read a book about kids that were sent to a strict grandmother to stay for holidays , when they did not do as they were told something happenned to remind them that if they had done what granny said that would not have happened , it was called a " fairy punishment" ...so I believe in fairy punishements
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Was in Gascony last week, doing a spot of innocent grazing in the field below the house, when I bit on something hard - sadly, not a priceless Roman coin. A tooth gave way, and my smile was transformed instantly to the stuff of nightmares.

So, thinking again about this topic yesterday, whilst studying the dental surgery ceiling for the umpteenth time, for me, life's too short not to accept an anaesthetic when dental treatment's on the agenda. Dentist didn't offer one on this occasion (not my regular); several times the drill came a bit too close for comfort to a very live nerve ending, and GG came very close to hitting said ceiling. :(
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I too had a pair of crimpelene bell bottoms - my mum tried to sell me the benefit of them never creasing.....however I was the only girl not asked to dance at the one party I wore them too!!! So she failed.

but enough talk of strange sci-fi materials, guess what's sitting on my bed now? A clue.....its pink, squishy and cost a fortune!!!

BTW - enough talk of sensible flat shoes with elastic - girls are we not the sex who can dance the night away in heels?
Remember.... Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astair did - but backwards and in high heels! (Oh I've been dying to get that quote in somewhere :) )

On second thoughts I have had a number of transvestites leave me standing on the heel side of things....

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Mouse

Talking of crimplene what about crochet[Im a dab hand with the crotchet hook] :?:

My friends mum was as well but sadly she crocheted her a Wedding Dress[Honestly]and we all witnessed[and have the photos to prove it] :oops: :?

Something pink & squishy on your bed mouse, you should be so lucky :wink:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Something pink & squishy on your bed mouse, you should be so lucky
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh crochet......I remember longing for a crochet hat with a large flower on it. It was being sold in Chelsea Girl (remember them?)
'Course being a child of the 70's (teenager that is) I wore some ridiculous outfits that make me blush even now thinking of them. :oops:

Mind you - it didn't get any better with the 80's!

Mouse (who still recalls wearing harem pants :roll: )
x
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

What about Bobby socks :?: , and stockings[steady on there] tights were a new found thing then.

The first time I wore stockings I thought I was the bees knees went out for the evening where there was only one toilet and realised I shouldnt have put the elastic support things OVER my knickers. The queue was horrendous when i eventually surfaced :oops:

Who else also had one of them swimsuits that had little square pouches on them that collected all the water and then proceeded to go down to your knees as you exited,
red faced :oops: from the pool :(
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

Life is too short to remember the embarrassing fashion faux pas we made back in the 1970s. Besides, whats wrong with an orange and brown knitted tank top?
AndyLucia
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Andy

Was it meant to be a Tank Top or did your Mum run out of wool. :roll:

I knitted myself 2 suits about 20 years ago[one even had a pleated skirt]dont ask :oops: :roll:
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

orange and brown knitted tank top
I had one exactly the same colours too! :lol: :lol:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Oooo! You trendy pair!

Bet you had platform boots as well?

Mouse
x
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Bet you had platform boots as well?
Yep! I can remember many times running for the bus in really high platforms! Now of course I'd be walking like Dick Emery in them!! :lol: :lol: