Lifes Too Short!

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Big Sis..

Lifes Too Short!

Post by Big Sis.. »

Ive just answered a forum question from Doctor about cleaning brass.

I said, Lifes too short to clean Brass :!: :D

What things would the forum users list in the "lifes too short" category :roll:
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Life's too short to spend as much time as I do on this forum??? :oops: :wink:
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

To iron your own bedding
:lol:
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Filing documents - what's wrong with leaving them in heaps?

John
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

"Life is too short to worry about anything" (wise words from my Hubby!) :D

As I believe, if things are meant to happen they do, if they don't then it's meant to happen! I know it doesn't make sense, but it does! :wink:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Your so right Crystal[and hubby] :D

Why is a worry such a worry until we have a bigger worry come along and then we forget about the first worry[the first worry is still the same though] :roll:
Now if we could forget about the first worry without the need for the second worry that would be less worrisome...ish :?

Something like that :? :D
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

That sounds a bit like my philosphy on worrying/angst. I say to try and remember what you were really worried and cut up about this time, 3, 6 and 12 months ago. Usually you can't. Therefore in a few months time the current worry won't even be a memory. (unless your house is reposessed etc!).

Trouble is at times small things can appear enormous, taken in isolation they're not but it is often hard to separate them.

These are wise words from a life long worrier with the benefit of cognitive therapy. :)
Vally

Post by Vally »

I have a " worry mantra"
If you can do something about a problem do it and stop worrying if you can't why worry about it !!!!!!! Works for me
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Lifes too short to bear grudges.

I wish I could do this but I am the Champion Grudge Bearer. :oops:

Especially if people have upset my friends or family. :evil:
I still find it hard to talk to schoolfriends of my children who had really upset them in the past.[Long after theyve put it to rest]They are 23 & 28.

In my defence I am slow to get a grudge and give people the benefit of the doubt nine times out of ten.
But once the grudge is there its permanent. :evil: :twisted:

Anybody got any advice. :cry:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

lifes too short to..........not buy that gorgeous squishy leather handbag in a lovely bright pink that costs a fortune and goes with absolutely nothing in my wardrobe!

Well I'm convinced......off to the shops tomorrow! :lol:

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

This is a great thread and some wise posts - including Mouse's! Happy shopping Mousie!

'Course, after getting it, it's only a question of time before you conclude that life's too short to worry about the handbag that doesn't go with anything else in your wardrobe, and you'll do the only thing a girl can do in that situation, and set out for the shops again!!

Ros, goats tend not to bear grudges - they just get it out of their system straight away with a good old head butt. It does tend to clear the air - and ones head too!! Try it!

Senior moment, and edited - I'd forgotten it was a handbag that Mouse coveted, and not shoes .... :oops:
Last edited by Giddy Goat on Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Thanks Gascony & Mouse :)

I knew I could rely on you 2 to respond,
while on the subject of shoes. :wink:

Lifes to short to wear UNCOmFORTABLE shoes[its only took me 50 odd years to work this out though] :!: :!:

even if they are pink, mouse :wink:

Mind you it would be worse for goat he would have to wear 4 uncomfortable shoes. :!: :lol:
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Life is def too short to wear anything on a day to day basis apart from very comfy Ecco shoes for me. I'm resigned to staying short and comfortable. Heels are strictly for going out if I'm taken door to door by car or taxi.

Grudges etc. Hmmmm, I'm not saying you're ever too old to change but I guess it is very difficult to change your nature after 40+ years (in my case). I'm by no means perfect, there again, neither are my friends and we get along just fine. Concentrate on your good points (or pints as I typed initially :lol:) and not your negatives. That's my free advice, but you know what they say. Free advice is worth just what it costs....... :lol:
enid

Post by enid »

I don't bear grudges but I am starting to do a bit of goatish headbutting - I used to let people 'put upon me' as my Mum used to say but now I speak out more - isn't always comfortable but I do feel better for it. I'm preparing for a golden old age and am starting to slowly shave off those people who don't give me as much as I hope I give them - life's too short for aquaintances!

Re the comfy shoes - I'm there and also as much elastic as I can manage whilst still looking reasonably unfrumpy :D
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

enid wrote: I'm preparing for a golden old age
Have you got your purple hat yet, Enid?

John