Learning Dreamweaver - fast track route

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Rosbif

Post by Rosbif »

I think I have decided to "toss Dreamweaver aside". Today I came across this cool thing called Mr Site http://www.mrsite.co.uk a takeaway website. You pay £34.99 and you get the online software to design your site and upload it thats apparently very user friendly, a dot com domain name and hosting all included. So I have signed up with it and am waiting for my activation code. Will keep you posted on how it goes as it could be useful to others who don't have their own site and/or the technical know how to make one.

Rosbif :)
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Rosbif,

It's a pity they didn't use 'some of the UK's leading Web Designers' in their blurb to do their own website - the typos are award-winning. If you do get hooked to them, make sure your domain will be mobile if, and when, you want to extract yourself.

As you've got Dreamweaver, can't you be tempted to use some of the ProjectSeven stuff? A fully templated website, easy to customise, with serious support and impeccable design for $60 is difficult to beat. Some of their other products are excellent as well.

MG
Rosbif

Post by Rosbif »

Thanks MG, I can't say I noticed the typos on their site! Will have another look. I've signed up to it so will see how it goes and post my results up here. I thought it was a good deal cos when I looked to get a domain name that ranged from £15 to £40 alone. I will have a look at that other stuff you suggested too, but i just want something that isn't going to take me hours or weeks to create. I have a wordpress blog, but I don't think that is really ideal so I want something more.

Anyway, seems I am learning all the time on here about all sorts of things. Makes me see how "green" I am to all this stuff!!!

RB :shock: